Chapter 13- Plague Test

Kenneth P.O.V.

I just finished dealing with a rouge case in my father's office, and started walking toward Rose's room. I felt sad when I had to leave her, especially since I had planned to spend the entire day with her. And now I will only get to spend a little time with her, because right after I get her she has to be plague tested. I will stay there with her if I can. But still. Rouges suck.

I reach her door and lift my hand to knock on the door when I hear soft snores and realize she is asleep. I wouldn't have normally woken her up from a peaceful sleep but we are already late for her test. I quietly open the door and close it behind me.

I walk over to her sleeping form and look at her beatiful face. Her rosey red lips are slightly open allowing soft snores to be realeased, her long light colord eye lashes graze her cheekbones. One piece of white blonde hair slightly falls on her face as she moves.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you, its kind of impolite to stare?" I jump at the sound of her voice. I look back at her face and see her lazy smile with half open eyes. "What are you doing back? I thought you had stuff to do." She asks swinging her legs over the side of the bed.

"You still have to have tests done remember?" I ask too embaressed to meet her eyes.

"Oh. Yeah. That. Okay, let me put my jeans back on." She says. My cheeks burn at that last comment.

"You don't have any pants on?" The question spills out before I can stop it.

"Yes I have pants on, just night pants I need to change into my jeans." She says with amusement in her voice. "I didn't want to sleep in my jeans. Ya know?" She says trying to not make it anymore akward.

"Yeah okay... I will just be outside." I tell her going to go out in the hallway.

"Nonsense. I will just go into the bathroom. Wait here." She says then snatches her jeans off of the chair beside the bed.

My gosh that was so embaressing. I walk over and sit on the end of her bed after I hear the bathroom door slam. The bed just ozzes her irresistable smell off of it. I feel my wolf wanting to take control and do the talking so I stand up and distance myself from the smell.

I hear the bathroom door creak open and she stands in the bathroom doorway and I notice and admire her long tangled thin white blonde unruly hair.

"Does my hair look that bad?" She asks catching my stare, then she starts running her hands through it brushing it, and looking back in the bathroom mirror. "Anyways, So what exactly do they do at this plague testing?" She says stepping out of the bathroom looking at me with her beautiful sky blue eyes.

"It's simple really. They just draw your blood, then they inspect it for infection." I say shrugging.

"Ugh. Needles." She says in a low tone her nose scrunched up and she shudders in disgust.

"I will make sure that they make it fast and painless. I promise." I tell her hating her discomfort.

"Okay. Thanks. I just need to suck it up, yeah?" She says uncertainty in her voice.

Rose P.O.V.

Kenneth came back to my room to take me to the plague test. I will admit I did feel kind of happy when I saw he came, gosh there is something seriously wrong with me.

"How did your business go?" I ask him. All of the sudden his look turns serious then paniced. Uh oh. " I mean, you don't have to answer that. That was none of my business." I say flustered.

"Yeah... I'm not really supposed to... Um... Talk about it." Okay. More secrets. Why do I even care? I need to keep to myself. "Alright here we are," he says stopping in front two white doors.

He pushes them open and there is a waiting room with patients of all kinds some are looking kind of green in the face while others are sleeping in the stiff chairs. Hospitals. Shudders.

"Ahhh, your highness to what do I owe this pleasure?" A beautiful woman in a nurse outfit comes out. I feel a pang of jealousy at her long thick dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. Her cheekbones high with a slight blush on them and a light pink lipstick on her lips.

" Martha this is Rose. She is here for her scheduled plague test." Kenneth says in an uninterested voice. He didn't even bother to introduce me to her. Rude much. Didn't want to meet her anyways.

"Oh. Right this way. Rose." She says her perfectly fake smile sliding off of her face slightly. We walk back into this small room that is completly white. She motions for me to sit in the stiff white chair (Picture above) in the middle of the room, then leaves slamming the door behind her.

"You know you didn't have to stay with me. I could handle it. I don't think any of the nurses would come at me." I joke to Kenneth who has found a seat next to my chair facing me.

"You sure? You might need me. They look pretty vicious. I mean they carry needles for crying out loud." He says joking back smiling, his million dollar smile.

"Point taken. In that case thanks for staying." I tell him, being serious about thanking him. I don't want to have to sit alone in this death house.

"Anytime." He says leaning back in his chair smiling.

All of the sudden the door pushes open and a small woman enters pushing a cart with a machine with wires hanging off on it. She looks at me then at Kenneth then back at me and smiles, " Hello, Luna. Nice to meet you." Luna? Who the heck is Luna? Kenneth's girlfriend? Oh gosh I'm tangled up with a taken man.

"Julie! Hey how about you just draw her blood already," Kenneth says shooting her a glare. Whoever this Luna person is he does not want to talk about her.

"Oh! Yes! I will do that now. Forget I opened my mouth." She says getting to work on doing heaven knows what. "Okay, I think I'm ready. I'm going to take you blood and its going to go into this machine then in an hour we will have the results." She says explaining the process to me.

"Okay... I'm ready," I say then look away.

I feel a poke on my arm then I feel a terrible kind of pulling feeling on my arm. "Does it always feel like that?" I ask with my teeth gritted looking at Julie.

She nodds her head," yes I'm afraid so. Sorry." She says then looks at the blood bag.

Finally after what feels like forever she takes the needle out and says we are free to go back to the waiting room. As Kenneth and I travel down the hall he looks down at me, "Are you okay?" He asks in a worried tone.

"Yeah I'm fine. I told you I would be." I simply say then push the doors open to the waiting room.

After an hour long wait the nurse came back out to tell us that everything was alright. Like I said before.

I decided on the way back to the room after seeing how much stress that small thing caused Kenneth over me that I needed to avoid getting close to him. I also decided this because I felt like I was actually starting to like Kenneth. More than I should.This will be especially bad because what about the Luna girl? I just need to distance myself from him. For me and for him.

It's for the best.

Right?

Hey guys! I'm still getting no feedback. :(
On the plus side, I hit 3K. Yay! You guys are awesome!
Again look at my friend's profile. Try her books out too.
14Dragon Just click on her name and it will bring up a link.
Don't forget to,
Vote. Comment. Follow.

- A.G.