Chapter 20- Confessions: Part 2

Rose P.O.V.

I slowly open my eyes and feel another presence in the bleak white room around me. I turn my head to see a pair of familiar yet strangely odd new honey brown eyes.

Kenneth.

This name at first brings me joy then, confusion then, fear.

My memories and dreams come crashing down on me.

I try to sit up in the bed and scoot away from him but the wires and pain stop me. A small moan escapes my mouth as I feel the pain in my ribs. I slide back down in the bed my eyes closed and my teeth gritted from pain.

I hear shuffling and look to see Kenneth with a 5-o'clock shadow with his face slightly sunken in and a panic held in his honey brown eyes, with dark circles under them. He looks... Terrible.

"Rose I'm not going to hurt you. I'm going to go get the doctor to tell him you're awake. Just stay in bed. Please." He says slowly putting his hands up with panic still held in his honey eyes.

I can only get out a simple nod with wide eyes. I'm to afraid to speak because it causes to much pain in my ribs.

Once Kenneth has run out I run my left hand across my ribs on the right side. I wince in pain as it runs over the middle. Definatly broken. I don't know how many.

I look down at my horrid hospital gown to see it slightly bulged up on the right side from the bandages. I also notice an I.V. poking out of my left hand since my right hand has a brace on it. Must be sprained.

I am suddenly aware that there is a tube running under my nose shooting air up my nostrils forcing me to breath. I reach up with my good hand and rip it out and go to toss it on the side table when I notice a whole bunch of baloons and cards and flowers.

I pick up one card that has a child's hand writing on the front it reads "Get well soon!" With a whole bunch of hearts and flowers and smily faces. I open it and it reads on the inside with the same childs writing," Get well soon future Luna. Can't wait to meet you! Love, The Smith family."

These must be that Luna girls letters. That must be why Kenneth is here. This Luna girl everyone talks about is here. I wonder if she thanked them for the card.

Just as I hear the door being pushed back open I hide the letter underneath my left side since my right side is... Well you know.

"Rose? How are you? Where are you hurting? On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your pain?" A male doctor with two female nurses question.

"I'm fine. I just need to go home." I tell the doctor attempting to get out of bed. Truth be told I had to force myself to even be able to say those simple words. My rib cage is throbbing at every breath, but he doesn't need to know that...

The nurses notice me trying to get up and both come over one pushes my shoulders down while the other gets the stupid annoying oxygen tudes to shove back up my nose but I jerk my head away.

Let me just say that was a mistake my head started pounding, a groan sliped out of my mouth. Man, I'm pitiful.

"Rose. Everything is going to be okay. Just let the nurses do their job." The docotor says.

Kenneth is no where to be seen in the room, I don't whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. I really need answer, but he could easily murder me...

"No! I don't need that stupid thing anymore. I'm breathing just fine." I snap in a stern voice. The nurses looked shoked and stop trying to shove those things up my nose. The doctor looks not quite as shocked but still a little shocked at my tone.