Chapter 5 - Lost Then Found

Kenneth P.O.V.

(Edited)

We park our car in the center of the slums so that way we can fan out everywhere. When we step out of the car all eyes snap to us, Most of the eyes judging if we are a threat or not. All of the sudden they turn back to work, I guess we weren't . Wait no scratch that the guards just came up behind us, they are terrified.

When we are splitting into groups I smell the devine sent and take off I here footsteps behind me and I glance over my shoulder I find Vincent and Spencer, I frown at them and let them catch up to me then ask, "What are you doing?"

"We want to see our luna. Now focus!" Vincent yells.

I just nod and continue to follow me when I come up on a street with lots of old buildings. The sent starts right at a public bus stop, My eyes trail up the road in the direction I am guessing she went in and I see a flash of white blonde hair right before she disappears across the street and into a building.

I dash up the street to the outside of the building and look through the large framed window inside she stood there her long white blonde hair tied back again but this time in a high pony tail.

I admire her lean and fit body once again, but notice her posture is not as confident as I remember. I then relise her body is directioned toward another person in the room. I tear my eyes from my mate to see what is wrong, I see a round, artifical red-headed sweaty old woman flailing her short stubby arms around at my mate.

I decide to try to listen in on their conversation by stepping right out side the doorway. "ROSE, YOU ARE LATE AGAIN! DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT I SAID IF YOU WERE LATE AGAIN??!!" She screetches.

Rose.

Her name is Rose.

Beautiful.

"You would fire me." My mate mumbles under her breath. I narrow my eyes at the tone this woman is using that tone with her future queen.

"That's right so, Rose Jones you're fired. Get out." The short chubby woman says smirking at my mate and pointing a stubby finger toward the door.

I will make sure that later this woman is punished, but for now I will just comfort my mate.

I hear her making her way out so I walk down away dragging Spencer and Vincent with me. They look to who I am staring at once they see it is her they get the message and smile back at me.

I watch her step out of the building and flinch as the door slams right behind her. I see her take a deep breath with her jaw locked then she looked across the street to a phone booth with an older man on the phone.

She looks both ways and is about to dash across the street when I without thinking speed walk over in her direction and bump into her on 'accident.'

"Oh. Sorry. Are you alright?" I say in a very polite voice. I try to hide the shakiness in my voice as I look in her sky blue eyes.

" Yeah, I'm fine." She says with a strange tone. " You're not from around here. Are you?" She guesses.

She kind of states it more than asks it. Did I already blow my cover? What do I say? Great, she already makes me nervous, now I am even more nervous.

"You could say that." I state trying not blow my cover already.

" Aight, I'll keep ya secret." She says smirking. Aight is short for alright in the slums.

Before I found Rose I would have thought it was stupid and illiterate.

But the way she says it makes it endering. It makes me want to learn the street lingo.

When I turn to make more conversation I relise she has already dashed across the street waiting in line for the phone booth. I come with a plan fast I decide to mindlink Tyler and Logan, 'Tyler. Logan. Come here now. I found my mate. You need to tell her to come with us for certification.'

Then I feel a hand on my shoulder I turn to see Spencer and Vincent, " Dude, she seems amazing." Spencer says with a grin.

" I know right. I hope she can forgive me." I say worried. What if I have to live alone forever? I don't think I could live like that.

"She will. I can tell." Vincent says with knowing voice. I hope he is right.

I look back over to where Rose is and I see her in mid sentence of talking with the older man smiling when she gets tapped on the shoulder by Tyler with Logan right beside him.

She turns around with a caution and looks up at them, they instantly start talking. I watch her as she ases their uniforms once she realizes where they are from her jaw locks and her eyes widen.

'Alpha we will meet you at the car. You guys can go ahead.' Logan mindlinks me.

Oh boy, I hope everything is alright.

Rose P.O.V.

When the Palace guards walk in and motion the older man I was king conversation away I knew they meant business.

Once the old man leaves the one with longer brown hair says, "Let's get to the point shall we? We need you to come with us to the Palace." He says.

"The Palace? This is surely a mistake." I say in denile.

" Well you fit the description that the prince gave us perfectly. And if you are certain it is not you then the prince will see you then know it is not you and you can come back." He says trying to persuade me. He must have seen in my eyes I wasn't going down without a fight.

I grind my teeth together knowing they will just take me forcefully if I fight. "Fine." I spit out. Then they walk me back with guards all around me to a black car with tinted windows. I am in a car with the two original guards and three normal looking guys. But wait is that... that little liar. He pretended to live in the poor sector he pretended to live in third when in the end he was the prince.

He catches me staring and looks sorry but I ignore that and look him straight in the eye and say the first word that comes to mind.

"Liar."

Hey guys. I really want to hear what you are thinking. I know you have an opinion.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

-A.G.