Chapter 21- Thinking

Kenneth P.O.V.

I hear the quite click of Rose's door as I close it. I lean my head against the bleak white hospital room door.

I'm glad that its all on the table now, but I hate the way it had to happen. Now she is scared and confused. I hate it. It drives me crazy to not be able to help her when she is this weak.

I push myself off of the door and I'm about to head off to my room but I hear a faint sniffle and look both ways down the hall to find no one. That's when I realize the sniffling is coming from inside the room. Rose's room. I heat her silently crying and my heart absolutly shatters.

Again.

I feel my eyes turning black because my wolf wants to come out and comfort his mate. I know that would not help with this situation at all. I don't want to make her hate me more than she probably already does.

So I run out of the hospital wing, past many of my pack members they all have different expressions; pity, confusion, and most of all, sadness.

I run to the parking garage and jump into the first car I could reach. I scan my thumb print on the dash board and the car starts up its motor humming softly.

I pull out of the castle grounds and just clear my cluttered mind and drive.

Rose P.O.V.

I wake up in the morning with my throat sore from tears and my heart empty from what feels like loneliness. I'm absolutly pitiful. I hate being weak like this.

The doctors came in shortly to remove all of the wires and tubes attached to me.

Now I am supporting myself against the sink in my original room staring at my pale sunk in face. My eyes have huge bags under them. I'm afraid to close my eyes and fall asleep fearing the nightmares will return.

My nightmares typically consisted of the wolf ramming into my ribs then actually getting to finish me off, Kenneth would always end up there somehow. He would either be to late to save me or get himself killed fighting the wolf. The last one always made me wake up panting with cold sweats.

I hear Rita and the other maids beating on the door begging me to come out and get some rest. They probably only care because Kenneth probably threatened them. It doesn't seen like he ever would but, it also wouldn't seem like he could transform into a gigantic wolf either.

After what seems like forever they eventually give up.

I walk out of the bathroom carefully and quietly. I go out to the balcony and sit in one of the two expensive lawn chairs set out there.

What am I supposed to do about Kenneth? I mean, I'm his 'mate'. As he put it. I'm the one who is meant to be with him. But I'm just a human. This could never work between us, we are too different.

Right?

I don't even know anymore.

I just realized that the whole reason he brought me here away from my family was because of this whole 'mate', thing.

Would he like me if there wasn't such things as mates?

Would he have even noticed me?

Would there even had been the ball that we met at without all of this?

Would we even have met?

I have so many questions that need answering. He said I could go to him at anytime.

Am I even ready to see him again?

That's it I'm done with the unanswered questions.

I stand up from my lawn chair, my ribs protest but I continue on, and walk toward the door out of my room down the hall and to the right where guards are swarming everywhere.

I walk over to the door I know is Kenneth's from the castle tour he gave me. I think back to the tour, we laughed and had so much fun together. Now its... Different. But I guess he is still the same person. He just has lots of lies and secrets. I'm confusing myself again.

Just as I go to knock on his door the guard stops me by holding his hand up in front of mine.

"He's not here, miss." He says looking straight ahead as if he is afraid to meet my eyes.

"Oh... Can I wait for him then?" I ask the frightened looking guard.

"Ummm... I... Sure." He says then opens the door for me.

I walk in and am immediatly struck by how big the room is. There is a gigantic king sized bed in the middle of the room and a couch pushed up against the right wall.

Then, on the left side closest to me is his desk which is cluttered with papers and pencils and pens and a computer sits on the right hand corner. Then farther down the wall is a door that leads out to a covered balcony.

I feel very small and insignifigant in the room. I look around for a few more minutes then decide to take a seat on the edge of the perfectly made king sized bed. I wince as lower myself to sit, my ribs are crying in protest again. I might have 'forgoton' to take my medication before I left.

I don't want to become dependant on that medication, or any medication for that matter. Besides I can deal with the pounding head aches and close to crushed lungs.

I sit there on that bed for almost five minutes when I hear noises in the hallway. Talking. Its Kenneth.

All of the sudden my confidence fades and I'm nervous. Will he think I'm a creep for barging into his room like this? Only one way to find out.

The door opens slowly revealing a curious yet scared Kenneth.

I stand up and look him in the eye,"We need to talk."

Sorry, this is so short and took so long. I just finished a whole bunch of big tests at school so I'm worn out. Anyways you know the drill.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

-A.G.