Chapter 26- Going home part 1

On my phone in class editing so sorry.

Rose P.O.V.

I wake up with the smell of the woods over powering me and the feeling of my ribs being smashed all over again.

I open my eyes to see what is causing the pain and only see black cotton.

I slowly start to remember that I had stayed with Kenneh again last night. After our date. I had told him more about my father and about the funeral.

When I tell him things about my past he doesn't expect it, he just waits until I'm ready to talk about it.

I think that's why I'm so open with him. He is a very good listener, he gets so into the stories I tell, but he still nods at the right times and makes the perfect comments for every sentence.

I take one more look at his peaceful face and then try to get up. But right as I go to pull away he grabs me and pulls me closer, making me suck in a tight breath at the pain in my ribs.

He puts his arms around me restricting my arms, so I whisper out,"Kenneth."

He just mumbles and pulls me closer, if possible, so I say it louder and stronger, "Kenneth."

Finally his honey brown eyes snap open and he smiles at me, I give him a small tight smile back still feeling pain from my ribs.

His smile fades as he notices this, then he looks down at his arms and guilt flashes through his eyes as he quickly let's go.

I feel the pressure come off my ribs but they still throb as I roll over on my back.

I lie there taking small painful breaths. "Rose. I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking... Oh gosh... Do you need the doctor? I'm so sorry." He says looking at me with pain and sadness in his eyes.

I decide to just brush it off, " What are you talking about? I'm fine." I say breathlessly. I felt like punching myself in the face when I see his expression worsen.

"I hurt you. Don't try to hide it. I'm such a jerk. Do you need a doctor? Is it bad?" He asks me again.

"I'm fine Kenneth. I can handle a little pain. And I'm pretty sure you're not a jerk." I say with a small crooked smile.

"Okay. I was nervous you were seriously hurt. I don't think I could handle it if you were." He says sighing looking into my eyes with relief. " We should probably get ready, the car comes to pick us up in a few hours to take us to six." He says looking at me with a nervous smile and I smile back.

I'm ready.

----30 minutes later----

I stand in front of the mirror pulling it back in its usual tight ponytail. Right as I go to walk out I take a once over on my outfit, its the same outfit I wore here on that crazy day.

I remember being so confused and guarded about the whole thing.

Now I feel happy, to have met Kenneth and have him in my life. A small smile graces my lips as I think about him.

At the thought of him I remeber they are expecting me downstairs. As I walk down the hallway I hear what sounds like lots of people talking and yelling at each other.

When I round the corner to go down the grand staircase in the front I see lots of soliders, maids and just regular what Kenneth calls 'pack members', and I was correct the soliders were yelling at each other with lots of anger.

The maids were trying to break them up, and the 'regular pack members' were talking to each other excitedly.

I stopped midway on the stairs taking all of the chaos in. When I stop, one of the pack members notices me and smiles widely and yells," Luna!" Then starts waving like a maniac trying to get some ones attention, I look behind me confused and see no one.