Chapter 32- Finally

Kenneth's P.O.V.

Rose leads me through another dark alley at a fast pace, "We need to go fast. Where we are going I don't think guards will like." She says and tries to speed up but winces and slows to a fast paced walk.

"Where are we going?" I question and try to keep the nervousness out of my voice.

She abruptly stopped, "Are you scared? Had this all been too much? I didn't even think... We should just go back home." She turns around in the direction of her house glumly.

I instantly feel bad, I want to be in her world, but it is difficult for me to see the violence, lies and hiding in her world... until now.

"No! I'm getting used to it. I am okay. I just can't fathom how people live in this world." I explain to grabbing her hand.

I have even more respect for Rose now that I have got a glimpse in her world.

Plus I have seen more of her personality in the last few hours than I have in the weeks of the castle.

She searches my eyes with her almost clear ones for a minute making me knees feel weak and then says, "Okay. If you don't want to do something you gotta tell me, yeah?" She raises her eyebrows.

I nod and mock salute, "Yes mam'."

She just shakes her head then looks to the end of the alley, "But we seriously need to hurry the guards are switching shifts right now, we have two minutes to clear this street." She quickly says then breaks off into a slow limping jog.

I catch up with her easily and jog slightly behind her in case she falls, "I wish you wouldn't run, you are making me nervous."

She just gauffs and stops for a second, checking the next alley, "I'm fine Kenneth really. You worry about me too much." She says then walks away not waiting for a response.

I sigh and shake my head and jog to catch up to her.

A few blocks later she stops in front of an old unfinished what looks to be a hospital building. She studies it up and down with a look of worry barely ing her eyes. She quickly covers it up.

She then reaches up on her tip toes and pulls a rusty ladder from the stairway, "I used to come here with Viper and Rinnie before my dad was gone." She explains, "But then my mom needed my help with the kids so, I started going out less and keepin' myself outta trouble."

She locks it into place and then starts to climb, she turns around and gestures for me to come up. "That was very big of you, I can't imagine the pain your mom went through."

I look up at her to see her stiffly shrug, "It was difficult for all of us but we relied on each other, cause' all we had at that point was us, and it wasn't really that big of me... I kinda had no choice." She finishes making it to the top floor and then goes through the broken window.

I frown and follow her, "What exactly does that mean?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"It means I wasn't in the best state of mind. I did somethings I don't particularly like to talk about." She says sighing and searching my eyes.

"I'm still not understanding." I probe following her to the unfinished wall leaving a ledge. I look out and see the whole kingdom the castle shining bright and the slums sitting dully in its shadow. "Woah..." my eyes grow wide at the sight.

She just stares at me and we sit down, "I know. I used to come up here when I wanted to get away." She looks away from me. "There also used to be a group of kids that would come up here, they'd fight, drink, smoke, gamble you name it." She explained looking out into the kingdom.

I sit there confused for second then, realization hit me, "And you... joined that group?" I looked at her grim face.

She just gives a short nod, "I did. Only because my world felt like it came to an end, so I figured I had nothing to live for after my best friend, my dad, was gone. But then one night, I was fighting, and the patrol guards came and busted us..." she rubs her neck and glances at me.

"What? What is it?" I ask worried now.

She sighs and lets out a nervous laugh, "I just don't want you to get mad. You're kinda terrifying when you get angry."

My facial expressions immediately get serious, "I could never hurt you in anyway Rose. Now tell me. I'm sure I can control myself." I finish grabbing her hand.

She lets out a long breath and lets go of my hand I frown and reach for her hand again. "No, I'm going to show you." She states quickly not looking at my face.

She turns around so her back is facing me and then she grabs the hem of her shirt and my eyes widen, "Rose-" I start to say and then she pulls the back up around her shoulders and I feel sick.

Gracing her back is three long vertical scars. "I tried to run which I didn't know at the time was a stupid idea
The guards caught me and, well, you know..." she mumbles. But I barely hear because I am trying not lose control of my wolf.

Before I can even process my hand reaches out and traces the middle scar from the top of her back down. She tenses at first but then relaxes, " I just wanted you to know because I figured, of we are going to be together for as long as you say then you should probably know more about me." She says pulling her shirt back down and turning around, "And not just the good."

I take both of her hands and look into her eyes again, "Thank you for trusting me. I promise I will never leave or betray you." I stop for a minute. " Rose, I know this might be too soon for you but... I love you. Like I can't picture my life without you, and I want to be with you and only you forever."

She stares at me in shock for a second and I look away too uncomfortable to say anything.

And then before I know it, she's kissing me passionately and sparks fly.

My eyes widen in shock and then I melt into the kiss and I lightly touch the sides of her face with my hands and she weaves her hands into the hair on my head.

All too soon she pulls away and I breathlessly stare at her as she closes her eyes with her signature beautiful crooked smile.

I feel a smile tug at my own lips at the sight. She finally opens them amd looks at me, "I love you too. I mean it just feels right to be here with you. Thank you Kenneth for being here for me."

We break away and she leans on my shoulder and we watch the sun set behind the castle not caring about anything but that moment.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the update!

I really liked writing it.

So I really want to here what you guys are thinking of this story?

Is it dragging on?

Do you like the pace?

I don't just want hate. I want what you would change.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

-A.G.