Chapter 3- The Big Day

(Not edited)

Kenneth P.O.V.

Today is the big day. This is pretty much make or brake for me. I think as my maid start to dress me in my custom fit and made tuxedo. I will most likely meet my mate tonight. My wolf is jumping for joy inside of me. But what if she rejects me? This is the question that has been bouncing around my mind all day.

When my hair is done and my tux is on I take a long look in the mirror and see Mitilda come up behind me and say, " don't be nervous you are a very smart charming man." Mitilda always knows what to say at these times.

It is moments like these I am glad she is around. I sigh nad say," Thank you Mitilda. I'm glad you think so." I smile at her. "Well we best get going people will start showing up in seven hours." Mitilda says sounding thrilled. Note sarcasm.

I sigh as my servants start to add the finishing touches to my outfit. I hope I find her soon so that way all of this can end.

Rose P.O.V.

I waked up in my creaking bed at 8:30, when mom wakes everyone up to do the chores probably. This is probably the latest I have gotten up in years. Since we don't have work toay I will be helping my mom with house work then choose an dress for the ball.

Once I get up I get dressed in; a grey long sleeved shirt; slim fitting jeans; black combat boots the leather worn soft from use. I lazily walk down the hall to the living room. I sit on the worn flat cushions on the creaking well used couch. Along with John and mom with Jo on her lap. The rest of the kids sit in the floor playing with home- made wooden figures.

"Okay everybody, we have lots to do today. This is going to be fun. " Mom says in a fake cheerful tone. I smile at my moms teenager- like attitude. " Alright, Mathew, Wendy, and Jake you will be straightening the house. John you and Jo and go grocery shopping, the list is on the fridge." Mom says dismissing everyone to their chores

When she is done she turns to me and says,"follow me." Then starts walking down the hall to her dull off- white colored room, once she gets in there she goes to her closet and fishes for something in the very back.

Once she finds what she is looking for she pulls it out a beautiful yet simple dark blue dress . I stare at the dress in awe then look at her, she is looking back at me with a smile. Then she lightly pushes the dress in my hand and says, "go try it on." I turn and walk across the hallway to our one bathroom.

I take off my tattered clothes and pull the vintage blue dress over what I see as my barely- there curves. After I zip the side of the dress up and turn to look in the mirror to see a girl with the same waist length thin white blonde hair.

But this girl has a hour-glass figure. This girl is shockingly me. The dress goes to mid- thigh and has a modest neck line with a lower back but not to low. I am still shocked that this person could possibly be me.

I peek out the door not wanting my siblings to see me in a dress or I would never hear the end of me trying to be a "girly-girl", especially John. After I see there is no one I rush out of the door across the hall back to my mom's room.

When I walk in I turn to see my mom with a closed mouth happy smile, "you look so beautiful." My mom states with pride. " Let's see what Wendy thinks, let me go get her." My says quickly then rushes out of the room to find my sister.

While she is gone I look in the floor length mirror again and all of the sudden memories come crashing on me like a ton of bricks. I have seen this dress in the old photo albums from the chest in the living room this is the dress my mother wore on my father and her's first date.