Chapter 8- Adjusting- Part 1

Rose P.O.V.

This is foreign. I just took a five minute shower with steaming hot water and vanilla sented soaps. Once I step out of the shower I see two white and fuzzy towels waiting for me, instead of the worn rough baige towels we have back home. I gather up my old clothes then, remove the chair I put under the door knob in the bathroom, I still can't believe that they have chairs in their bathrooms. Who does that? Anyways after I carefully place the chair exactly how it was I peek out the door to find no one.

I let out a sigh and look to the king sized fluffy bed to find my old clothes washed and a hastily scrawled note lying .

Dear, Miss. Rosaline,

We washed your old clothes, but you are welcome to wear
anything in the closet all of the clothes in there are yours.
Please join us for dinner, I will be there to retrieve you in
five minutes.

Sighned your personal maid,
Rita.

I look over to the door I thought I had blocked only to find splinters of wood scattered on the ground. Huh, oh well, I guess its okay cause they didn't bother me.

I had been outraged to find that the doors had no locks and then 7 women with strange accents tried to dress me. There is no way I was letting that happen, so I pushed them out the door and told them they were cracked for thinking they could dress me.

I glance at the note again thn decide I should get dressed so that way they don't try to dress me again.

Once I slip on my old worn clothes I go back into the bathroom to retrieve a sock that I left in there. As I start to walk out I catch my reflection. The dirt spots are gone, and I take evalutation of my changes; My face is clear except the hand full of freckles splattered on my face, my teeth too straight for someone of my rank. My hair has all of the dirt out of it leaving it an unatural looking blonde.

I suddenly here a knock on the door then the creak of protest as it slowly opens revealing the woman I had hit in the stomach with my elbow earlier today. From the look on her face my apoligy did not stop her from being guarded. Her gaze looks me up and down then her eyes lock on mine. She opens then closes her mouth wanting to say something but obviously not sure how to word it.

"Are we going to dinner?" I ask since she still can't seem to get anything out.

She gives me a short nod then leads me down, a what seems to go on forever, hallway.

After what seems like forever we stop in front of two 12 foot wooden engraved doors, with one easy push Rita pushes them open to revel a gigantic dining room with a super long table with a huge chandelier attached on the tall celing.

I look over at the table to see him sitting in a chair at one side of the table and the head remains empty, after Rita starts talking I relize she is leading me to the chair right across from Him. Great.

I am so sorry that this update took so long. I just have not been motivated. But it is here now hope you enjoyed it!

Vote.comment. follow.

-A.G.