Dare [Brother!Jeff x Reader]

Requested by Yuana-Chan
Info:
____ for pronouns
Platonic relationship
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
3rd person pov
Little kids shouldn't be playing this game and take inspiration from older people for the truths and the dares. But children are curious and as such they will try anything their idol does.

It was a cold December night when [Name] was dared to go into the woods by ___ friends.

Of course ____ did, ____ didn't want to be known as a weakling or worse.
So ___ was now in the dark forest, disoriented and lost.

___ didn't knew what hour it was but ___ guessed it was the middle of the night, around 00:00 or 1am.

'why did I accept this stupid thing?'
[Name] was still little so ___ didn't knew the dangers that may come when going in that forest, even after all the scary stories people narrated to kids ___ didn't believe in stuff like that.

Walking for what felt like hours got ___ to stumble in a forever smiling killer, with paper white skin and coal hair.
Once ___ looked up to be met with this scary face, ___ of course tried to escape the woods but by natural instinct ___ made zig zags, curves and more.

Now ___ was in a mess. Where was the exit of this identical trees collection?
Just when ___ was thinking of a way out, the killer caught up with ___.

What ___ didn't know though, was that the boy didn't like to kill children. Sure he enjoyed ending people lives and make them suffer but animals and kids were his weak point.

[E/c] eyes were now looking at him, pleading to remain alive.
His non-binking eyes met the ones of [Name], his face softened once he saw the look.

“i will not hurt you kiddo, you can trust me.” he stated, kneeling down to meet ___ height.
But the child was still in doubt.

“do you pinky promise?” ___ mumbled, looking at his features.
Studying him, ___ could’ve guessed that his age was somewhere between 17-19

He sighed before answering. “Yes, i pinky promise”
Now the child decided to trust him.

It seems dumb to trust someone just because they ‘pinky promised’ but what do you expect from a child?

[Name] yawned, indicating ___ was tired. ‘of course ___ is tired, it's late and ___ is a literal child’

He picked up the tired kid and put ___ on his shoulders, making his way to his cabin.

“what’s your name?” asked [Name] curious.
“Jeff. What about you little one?” he replied, asking the same question to the kid.
“[name]” ___ said shyly.
“goodnight [name]..” was all ___ heard before falling in the arms of sleep.

•••

“[Name] COME ON EAT IT!”
“NO, IT'S LITERALLY BURNT! EW!”
“ouch, that hurt my heart. It’s not that bad” he pouted like a child.

[Name] giggled. “Brother, no offense but you cook horribly” ___ said hugging the older male.
“stop hurting my feelings” the smiling man tried to frown but couldn't, damning his past decisions in the process.

The only thing that made him still have some sanity left for children was that they didn't judge others nor won't lie unless taught so.

He watched as [name] tried to be forgiven. It was a really cute sight.
Even if it wasn't visible for the kid, he smiled. A genuine smile appeared on his face.

He was sure that the kid would leave once ___ grew up so he wanted to enjoy every moment with ___. He was happy for once and was sad that this happiness would disappear in a few years.

“Is everything okay? you look sad.” [name] frowned looking at ___ sibiling.
“Yeah don't worry, let's go play” he explained trying to not be questioned more.
“no, i want to know first!” ___ pouted curious about the sudden mood change.

He sighed.
“I’m just sad that in a few years you’ll have to leave. I'm sure you will want a family with your special one. I will make sure to not hurt your family or anyone you love. But I'm afraid i’ll never see you again and i don't want that because you are my only happiness right now but..”

“brother? Who even said i was gonna leave?” ___ asked.
The mood in the room lightened up.

“you aren't...gonna leave me?” he asked surprised. How could he, a monster who takes innocent lives, have someone to spend his life with?
How could a kid like [Name] even want to stay with this same exact monster?

___ shook ___ head.
“never though you’d be so emotional brother.” ___ said hugging him.

Maybe he wasn't an heartless monster after all.