𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞..

* * *

* * *

❝ let's have an adventure
head in the clouds
but my gravity centered
touch my neck
and i'll touch yours
you in those little
high waisted shorts..❞

* * *

third person's pov

(three days later)

the continuous tap of rain continued to beat against the roof of the house as a car pulled up to a small but nice house in the suburbs- one nicer than the boy in the backseat of the car had seen for a minute.

indigo's dark eyes flashed up as yosef turned around, glancing at the boy in the backseat with a smile.

"well, i know the drive was a bit long but here we are."

the seventeen year old stayed quiet, his demeanor completely neutral with not one hint of what he was thinking, however his distrust could be seen in the way that his nearly black eyes did not once move from yosef or the way that his arms were wrapped tightly around his belongings, clutching his bag to his chest. even at that very moment, indigo questioned why he was there, in the backseat of a man he barely even knew who he didn't trust not one bit, and who sounded like all of the other men he had encountered. he presented a promise; that he would help indigo. that he would take him away from the horrors of his life, and take him to a better place and well- here he was in the suburbs.

he just hoped inside that little, small suburban home painted a dark creme behind a white pickett fence wouldn't contain as many horrors as he was sure it would, however there was almost nothing that indigo hadn't seen.

he'd get out somehow, if he had to.

"i know that you still don't trust me, and that's alright because trust is earned. i just hope that you'll come to find that i truly do mean what i say. let's go on in before the storm gets even worse."

* * *

jae's pov

i looked up from the notebook scrambled full of play's as i heard the arrival of a car outside. i sighed deeply before continuing to study the flimsy notebook my coach had given to me, which i should probably be excited about. i geninely loved basketball and it seemed to love me to with the offers i already had piling up and a promised spot as a captain from my coach who told me if i really wanted, i could get get a full ride to any school.

i probably will, but going into the nba? unlikely. though it sounds extremely boring, i want to go into business- be a stockholder, or even better a buisness-owner and investor. i'm not sure why i want to. i suppose since i was younger, i've always been obsessed with the idea of a fufilling 'american dream'; become a businesman with a trophy wife, have a few kids and live in suburbia with a white picket fence.