𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞...

* * *

* * *

❝ let's have an adventure
head in the clouds
but my gravity centered
touch my neck
and i'll touch yours
you in those little
high waisted shorts..❞

* * *

indigo's pov

"listen, can you just try to hear me out?"

i continued to ignore the boy who had been attempting to apologize all the way from the house to our first stop, and now the mall. instead, i just kept browsing through the large selection of the women's jeans. though i often thrifted my jeans anyways, most of it wasn't exactly friendly to my body if i wanted something to actually fit. it's extremely hard to shop at times because of my large proportions combined with my height; women's plus size is more inclusive to my curves' then men's plus size yet it's extremely frustrating.

this small-minded fashion industry prioritizes gender instead of fit, and it's extremely annoying- especially when i get told i'm shopping in the wrong section. i just hope the dumbass next to me won't say anything about it, because while i don't try to hide it it's something i'm insecure about.

i don't like the way my stomach sticks out, even if it's only a little bit. i don't like how chubby my arms are, or the stretch marks on my lower back that fade into my side. i don't like how i was constantly bullied by my mother to slim down when my body was just naturally curvy.

"indigo? indigo, u-"
"damn, what?" i exclaimed, huffing over at the obviously meek sixteen year old who's guilt showed in his baby-like features. it didn't suprise me that he was younger than me for a multitude of reasons, and the way that his cheeks burned as he tried to come up with the words to say to me was one of them; how could one be such a bitch, yet can't handle confrontation?

"could you hear me out please?" jae attempted once again. i inhaled deeply, resisting the strong urge to smack the boy hard upside his head before slowly breathing out. my eyes slowly dragged over him, who's mere appearance enraged me.

he was too clean; like a cookie that had taken on the exact shape of the stencil that shaped it so well it looked the same.. a cookie-cutter type of perfect. his looks possessed a certain beauty, one that could flourish if he wasn't so ordinary. however, in the simplicity of his glasses and flannel he presented an attractiveness that made one focus on the fact that his features were damn near god-like. it annoyed me because it seemed like such a boring person shouldn't be attractive, because that's all he was.

boring.
boring, and not at all my type.

"why should i? what shit could you possibly have to say to me that would make me forgive you?"

i watched the younger boy hesitate before his dark, chocolate brown eyes landed on me.

"i know i acted like a piece of crap. like an entitled, stuck up brat. i'm won't try to convince you that i'm not. you have the right to perceive me as that without listening to me. however, i swear that those moments were nothing more than a poor decision. i sincerely apologize to you from the bottom of my heart, i really do. if there's anything i can do to apologize, please let me know. i don't want to upset you. i understand what i said was wrong and it was completely out of line.. but i'm actually begging for you to forgive me. i don't wanna be enemies."