𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱...

* * *

* * *

❝ and i may just
take your breath away
i don't mind if there's
not much to say
sometimes the silence
guides a mind
to move to a place so far away..❞

* * *

jae's pov

"yo, jae!"

i briefly turn around after hearing my name in the well crowded hallway full of students walking to lunch, my eyes landing on my best friend. my attention was immediately stolen away from my girlfriend as i remove my arm around her small torso, instead waving to my friend who jogged up to us with a bright smile as i perk up at his sight. i could hear lena scoff, but her constant talk about herself wasn't exactly holding me down in the first place, so i just ignore it.

lena is my girlfriend, and has been since a few years ago.

in sixth grade, she used to bully me and brake my glasses then tell all of our elders that she got possessed by dokkaebis, spirits of mischief we were told and warned about as kids.

in seventh grade, i hit my growth spurt and her insults grew just like me. coincidentally, it was also the same year she beat me up because i rejected her.

in eight grade, lena was quiet. she didn't say anything to me, and every single time she saw me at neighborhood celebrations or parties she blushed and ran away.

in ninth grade, lena seong-hun had finally blossomed. her pale skin was rosy every morning from the blush she wore, and her long hair was dyed a light blonde. she started to wear light blue, pink, and purple and wore push up bras, bows and skirts every single day- and to a ninth grade boy, that seemed awfully attractive, and so were the love letters she put in my backpack every day.

in a way, lena won me over, but the same blushing beauty who was obsessed with romance movies quickly became something else once we started dating.

by tenth grade, lena had cheated two times with the excuse of us "being on a break". she claimed it was never because i never showed her enough attention, but behind close doors all she really wanted was to lay on my chest while we watched movies.

ultimately, i know i can be neglecting. i blamed myself for the cheating.

we've been going strong since then, and now in eleventh grade, lena has gotten more intense. all she speaks about is herself- her body, and what she wants me to do to it. her desire to just be held tight has diminished. she never wants to go on dates anymore unless i spend absurd amounts of money on it, and often spends her time entertaining guys until she runs back to me with a tearful apology.

lena is desperate.
i've never had sex before, and to be honest i don't plan to waste my first time on a girl who has a breakdown when i tell her i'm not ready yet.