𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

❝ living at the speed of light, like a bulleti could be dead by the morningi can't call itso i ain't got no time to wait it outi've been down and out for too longand i ain't got too many options ❞

i could be dead by the morning
i can't call it
so i ain't got no time to wait it out
i've been down and out for too long
and i ain't got too many options ❞

***

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

the night seemed to refuse to end, and any signs of the sun had completely faded by the time that indigo's memory had finally agreed in beginning to recognize the girl in front of him. indigo, unlike others remembered most of his childhood- but only the bad parts, hence why he had such trouble recovering the smiling girl who's brown eyes seemed to sparkle so brightly, always observed by indigo who didn't exactly have the means to even return a little bit of her energy back nor her kindness. even as he tried his best, he could not hide what was so obviously on the surface, nearly being screamed from his dark brown eyes and that was the fact that indigo was tired.

he was tired; tired from the sore ache in his legs and feet for walking much too far and far too much; tired from the pounding of his head and the dryness in his throat; tired from the constant ache in his stomach that reminded him of his need to eat that was almost never acknowledged; tired of puking every morning and then some when he remembered where the brusies on his body had came from; tired of cowering at every single car riding by in fear that in it might've been the man who refused to let him go, coming to take what he thought was his- his life; tired of being tired and tired of having to force himself to breathe.

"damn.. you said you walked here?" aitana mused in a deep concern that she didn't even care to hide, her brows furrowing as she glanced over at the younger boy who seemed to be zoning out on something before he joined her current rampart, finally returning her glance. indigo, however couldn't do much to acknowledge what was on her face but simply nod, his sagging brown eyes eyeing the meal in front of him that she insisted he ordered and truth was he probably needed it. subconsciously, his hunger was one that immediately needed to be addressed but mentally he could not feel it; he didn't have an appetite, and it seemed that those days all foods seemed to have the intent of making him sick for some reason. even smells upset him.

"yeah." indigo said, poking at the food in front of him before nibbling cautiously on a fry, halfway expecting himself to puke just like he almost did after drinking nearly half of the pera-pina that was good but tossed his stomach up badly for some reason. "it's not as bad as it sound."
"uh, yes the fuck it is. do you know how many miles that is? that's not good for you at all. we gotta get you somewhere and get you to lay down." she proposes kindheartedly and though the teenager wanted nothing but to smile over at her he couldn't; the half-hearted annoyance in his system wouldn't let him , not considering that all he could think about was the fact he was supposed to be somewhere dead in an alley. "why you even run away anyways?"

the seventeen year old blinked over at her listlessly before a smile slightly graced his lips, one he could not help as he rubbed his eyes.

"i met a boy."