Part 1

That sunday i dress alina in a blue plaid dress with a white cardigan and braid her hair then drop her with the neighbor so that shes able to go to church.

Ethan told me he would pick me up at 2 even though i could drive. So since its only 1130 i decide to catch up on sleep. I get up around 1 and walk through the house. My mom is sprawled on the couch absentmindedly watching general hospital.

"Mom Alina's going on a field trip this week do you have 20$? I ask. She ignores me

"Mother." I call again.

"Does she have to go?"

"Yes."

"Where are they going?"

"The city greenhouse."

"You can take her to the park to see flowers." She snorts. I grab her purse and take two tens out of it. Even though she didnt really say i could. I proceed back upstairs unsure of what to were. I settle on a black vneck, dark ripped jeans and some red vans. As i finish my makeup he honks. I consider what im doing being i dont know him all that well. But from what i heard hes a good guy. So hey why not?

Hes waiting outside his car and opens the door for me as i come close.

"Wow thanks." I say. Ive never ha a guy open the door for me.

"So any icecream place in paticular?" He asks me.

"Nah it doesn't matter."

He drives me to a nearby icecream parlor where i order a hot fudge sundae and he gets a mint milkshake.

"So tell me about you." He asks

"Theres not much to tell. Im arlie. We go to school together. Im 16. Ya." This was a question i hated because it can often get to personal.

"Well you do alot of things at school right? Like plan the dances. And your in the play this year right?"

"Ya. I try to be well rounded. But your pretty popular too. You play a sport or something? You hang out with alot of jocks."

"Uh basket ball and soccer. But im more interested in music. I just play sports cause my dad."

"Wanted a well rounded kid." I finished

"Basically." He shrugs.

"Are you an only child?" I ask

"Nah i have a sister whose a year under me and my brother whose in college. What about you?"

"Uh my older brother is 19 my older sister 21 and i have a seven year old sister who you've probably seen around."

"Ya i have. Alina. Right?"

"Yep." I pop the P

"Shes interesting seven year old."

"I know." I giggle finishing my last bite of icecream.

"Wanna go for a walk?" He asks.

"Sure." I pull out my card to pay for my icecream but he quickly shoos it away before paying for both are servings.

"Its a date. Guys are supposed to treat the ladys." He nods.

"Not any guy ive ever been with." I giggle.

"Well maybe its time to change that." He whispers so quietly i almost don't here. I don't respond.

We walk down the shopping strip stopping into the individual stores. Slowly i start to relax and maybe form a crush on Ethan. He's such an amazing guy. Hes respectful and caring and all that. We stop into a toy store last as its getting dark.

"I love toy stores." He comments "makes me feel like a kid again."

"But being a kid isn't all that great though. Your restricted and have to rely on everyone to do everything for you." I say as i pick up a stuffed panda bear.

"But being adult also means your not innocent to the evil in the world." He takes the panda from me and pays for it along with a small beanie bear.

"Your right." I look at him as he hands me a bag. "Thank you." I smile.

"The beanie bears for your sister."

"You know ive been with a good number of guys, and no ones ever thought of alina. Especially on the first date."

"Ya well. I can see alinas special to you."

"That she is."

I jog over to the neighbors to collect Alina after Ethan drops me off.

"Where were you?" Her little voice asks me as i lay in bed doing homework.

"I went out with a friend. But you got something. Hand me that bag." I motion for the plastic bag on my desk. She hands it to me and i show her the pink and purple tie dye beanie bear.

"Its cute." She giggles.

"Im glad you like it. Now go get ready for bed."

She runs off towards her room. I think about what we did today. Ethans pretty cool. Maybe i like him.

________________________

Love it?

Show it

Vote fan comment