Part 15

"Arlie, alina come here dears Lets talk."

"Mom its six in the morning." I rub my eyes "Alina's still asleep."

"Go wake her up. I have news."

"Mom...."

"Go now get her up. I have news!" She repeats.

I go to alinas room and lift her out of her bed. As I return to the kitchen she wakes up.

"So I've made a decision."

"I don't want to know."

"Yes you do. I've decided to no longer dwell on your fathers and brother death, and were going to take off and start over again. We all need to get out of this place and just start fresh."

"Mom were not moving. And we've started over before. Remember thats why were here."

"Well this will be different. I decided to pursue my career as an artist. Lets move to france."

"We don't speak french and I'm not doing that to alina" I say exasperatedly.

"Well your both my daughters and were going."

"No mom were really not."

"Yes you are. Were leaving tomorrow morning. I got the tickets. "

"Why are you doing this all of a sudden?"

"Because. I don't like it here. Especially since you got that little boyfriend."

"Is that what this is about? Your going to root me out of mine and Alina's life because I gave my life to jesus?"

"And because your being brain washed here."she says gently like she actually cares. This is just another one of her schemes and I know it.

"No. Were not going."

"You can't stay here. I pay the rent. And I'm leaving."

"You pay for the rent but I but every thing else for me and Alina."

"Alinas my daughter. YOu can stay here but shes coming with me."

"No shes not. You don't even know her favorite color!" I yell

"Psh. It pink."

"Its yellow mom." Alina speaks up.

"Children change their minds every day." She shrugs.

"Mother. Your only doing this because I discovered this amazing God and Have A guy who actually cares about me."

"And because I don't want to raise a child who believes in fairy tales."

"Mom God isn't a fairy. God is the most amazing thing and if you just gave him the slightest chance your whole life would change!" I tell her.

"No. Thats not how this is going to work. I'm going o france to get away from all this childish nonsense and you can come with me and Alina or stay. Your choice."

"You can't just uproot her in the middle of the school year ad move her to another country."

"Yes I'm going to."

"No your not. Shes mine."I argue.

"Sweetie. Who do you want to go with?" My mom asks alina. "Another country. You wouldn't have to go to school, we could home school you, you could swim every day..."

Alina looks from me then back to my mom.

"Mommy, I love you alot. But Arlies my sissy. She keeps me safe and lets me sleep with her and does my hair and got me a pretty outfit for picture day, and takes me to church and cooks me dinner, and she has a nice boyfriend who gets me Ice cream. And I love arlie. Shes the best sissy ever. I rather live with her. But maybe I can visit you?"