Part 18

"You look pretty sissy." Alina tells me as I swirl around in my prom dress.

"Thanks." I kiss her forehead. "But I need to take it off till tomorrow." I giggle. Its only the fifth time I've tried my dress on. I'm slightly obsessed with it. I never felt so beautiful in something so simple.

"Are you super excited for the dance?" She asks me.

"I am. Its going to be great. You know one day this will be you." I tell her, slipping my dress off and pulling on one of Ethan's large shirts I kidnapped.

"But I won't be a pretty as you!"

"Sure you will. Cause were blood. So if I'm beautiful, then you have to be. Its how it works"

"Not always."

"Well if not, God still made you beautiful. Did you know God created you in his image?"

"So I look like Jesus?" She asks shocked.

"Yes. And jesus is the most beautiful thing you can ever imagine."

"Wow. You too?"

"Yes. All of us."

"That must mean were pretty special."

I cam barely sleep all night knowing prom is tomorrow.

In the morning I'm greeted with a text from Ethan.

-can't wait to see you tonight!

-me neither. So beyond excited. Wait till you see my dress.

-you'll be the most beautiful girl there. But remember looks aren't everything. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. (Proverbs 31:30 NIV)

-whats that mean?

-charm and beuaty are great, but a women who serves the lord whole heartedly is to be honored.

-I like that. So even tonight should honor him.

-your learning.

-only cause Your an awesome teacher.

- I have a surprise for you tonight. be prepared. See you tonight beautiful:)

-now I have to wait all night to see it! lol I love you. See you later<3

I put my phone down and jump in the shower washing my hair then blow drying it. I don't know why I'm so excited. I've been to dances before... Then I remeber that the dances I've been to, I wasn't saved....and unsaved dancing.... Well if you go to a public school you should understand. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone get pregnant at one of the dances before. But this time I'm saved. And I don't have to worry about Ethan pressuring me into doing anything stupid. I guess thats the great thing about being with someone I love and someone that serves God.

I make alina pancakes and do busy work to try to keep distracted. At least till two when Kamis coming over.

When Kami arrives with boxes of stuff I get a tad concerned.

"Why?" I ask her

"Hair, makeup, a can of spray tan."

"A little overboard don't you think?" I asks skeptically

"Of course not. This is gonna be one of those nights we tell our kids about in the future."

"Luckily we won't be the ones making kids tonight." I joke

"Now your having fun here"

"So have you decided on your hair?" I ask her pulling out some nail polish she bought.