Part 6

A few weeks later.

"Push me" I giggle to ethan. We were at the park and I had just jumped on the swings. It was a warmer saturday so I was in shorts and a flannel button down that met the end of my shorts. His hands meet my back and I take off. After a few minutes he stops and hops on the swing with me.

"So whats up." I twist to look at him. Even though weve been hanging out for over a month, he hasn't asked me out, or kissed me or anything at all and I was kinda hurt. I liked him a little to much.

"Not much. The weathers starting to get nicer." He comments.

"Ya I guess."

"Did you like church last week?"

"Im getting more comfortable. I still don't understand why I feel overwhelmed during worship and stuff though."

"Thats not overwhelming. Thats god in you."

"Eh...."

"So in exactly four weeks were going on our spring trip. We spend 3 days at this camp ground in the mountains. I want you to come."

"Oh.... I don't think I can."

"Excuses! Give me 3 reason why you cant..."

"I do not have the money for that..."

"Ill pay."

"You cant pay for me. Wouldn't it be like $350 for both of us?"

"I get to go free since I'm the worship leader. So i'll just have to pay for you. It would only 150 for you." He smiles

"What would I do about alina?"

"She can stay with ms. Debrah right? If not my mom would love to have her. She misses having little kids."

"I dont know. What if I cant get off work?"

"Youll be able to. Its not till march."

"Fine. Ill go..."

"You'll love it. It'll be snowy too!"

"I better. I cant believe im doing this. Why am I even doing this?"

"Because you like me." He winks.

"If were being honest, I more than like you." I stand up from the swing and head off on the trail. He jogs to catch up with me

"So tomorrow is..,"

"I know what it is."

"So let me take you out." He smirks.

"You dont have to. Were not even dating." I point out hoping he'll get the hint.

"Your still mine. And tomorrows valentines day, so I have to take out my valentine."

"Ya ya. But I cant get you anything in return."

"You can go to church with me."

"I agreed to youth groups, the whole sunday thing isn't an option."

"Just for tomorrow?"

"Oh fine." I blow my hair out my face.

"Perfect." He smiles at me.

Later I'm sitting on Kamis bed telling her whats been happening since we haven't got alot of time together between her cheerleading, my play, our boyfriends and work, and well "church".

"So your telling me that you, Arlen hailey parker, has been going to church consitently for the past like month?" She eyes me. I cringe when she says my whole name, what were my parents thinking.