Part 4

On saturday ethan invited me to dinner. It was a little more formal occasion, so i dressed in a mint green sundress with a white shall over it and white flats. I pull my hair back into a ballerina bun.

"Am i spending the night at ms. Debrahs?" Alina asked.

"No, ill be back in a few hours. In fact you can stay here if your good." I tell her. My moms been relatively quiet the last few days, aka sober an clean, so i feel okay if Alinas here.

"Ill be super super good." She smiles.

"Good. What movie do you want to watch?" I ask her.

"The little mermaid!" Se claps running to retieve the dvd. I put the movie into the small tv in my room.

"Okay when this is over, its time for bed okay? Heres a juice pouch, and some crackers, and cookies for later. If you need anything, go to ms. Debrah. Other than that stay in here. Moms asleep. If worse come to worse, wake her up. But only if its an absolute emergency!" I stress.

"Okay sissy! I got it. Ill be good." She rolls her eyes.

"Okay. Love you." I kiss her head and skip outside just in time to see ethan pulling up. He hops out to open my door.

"Thanks" i smile and slide in. "So where are we going?"

"Just to olive garden." He shrugs. Of course hed pick that place. I havent been there since before my sister left. Oh well,new memories.

We arrive at the restraunt and are seated in a private booth. We make small talk and laugh over pointless things.

"I really like you Arlie." He smiles at me. "Your different."

"I like you to." I blush.

"Good. This is going to go somewhere. I hope you dont mind, if i take things slow. I want to get to know you really well before i make you mine, and i want it to be the right time, but trust me. You will be mine."

"Its okay ethan. Im not in a rush to jump into anything. I mean i have alina and everything."

"Why do you take care of her so much?"

"My moms sick..." I lie which technically isnt a lie.

"How so? If i may ask."

"Just uh shes not in a good mindset to raise children, so instead of us being shipped of into the system, i rather just take care of Alina. I love her."

"Shes lucky to have you. You know thats a god thing."

"No its not." I roll my eyes.

"It is. But youll see one day."

"How can you love this god when he creates so much pain?"

"He doesnt create it. But he does heal it."

"Id love if he healed mine."

"He could. And he is."

He drops me off at home around 9 and as i walk up to my door i get a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. My house is live and crawling with people. Oh my. I go inside and see my mother on the living room table dancing. Theres alcohol every where and guys and girls doing the worst.

"Arlie sweetie come dance with me!" My mother calls

I ingore her and run upstairs to find Alina. My bedroom doors open and a guys inside talking to my closet door

"Sweetheart come out. We can play a game." Hes beckoning. Oh heck no. I shove into him.

"Get the heck out my room before i call the cops!" I screech.

"Woah babes no need to get all fiesty. I was just going to take her to her mother. You know a little girl should not be alone here."

"I am her mother and if i found out you hurt her i swear to god." I threaten. I then grab my emergency pepper spray and spray him. He yells and kicks me and it hurts. I hold back the yell.

"You little ugh gosh." He runs off. I close my door and lock it.

"Alina baby." I call opening my closet. Alina jumps into my arms her face tear streaked. "Im here." I pull her in tight.

"Im sorry" she cries

"Its not your fault i shouldnt have left you." I was so scared to ask the dreaded question. "Alina look. Be honest. Did he touch you?"

"No sissy. I hid in the closet when i hear all the loud noise." She sniffles.

"Okay stay here ill be right back."

"Noo dont leave me." She wails.

"Promise.ill be right back."

I go downstair to where my mother is now dancing on some guy.

"Mother!" I yell

"Arlie dear did you want to join?"

"No i want all these people out now! Did you know sone guy was trying to get at alina! Shes seven mother! What if social services get called." I watch as her face pales.

"Look arlie shes fine right?"

"Shes scared."

"Give me another hour or two and theyll be gone. I just need to relax."

I go back to my room knowing full well itll be more than an hour or two till this party clears out. I lay with alina and sing her the song thats been stuck in my head since thursday.

Then sings my soul, my savior god to thee, How great thou art, how great art.

I feel her body drift into sleep.and i relax.

The next morning i drop alina off with the neighbor to go to church, and i head to my job at dennys. I work a six hour shift which is great! Around 130 a group of teens come in. Lovely. But my eyes light up when i notice ethan is upon them.

"I didnt know you worked here." He tells me

"Ya for about 6 months."

"Hm. We come here after church about once a month, ive never seen you."

"Oh i usually work mondays, tuesdays, and saturdays, but i had to adjust my schedule."

"Well im glad youll be my server." He winks. Theres about 11 of them and as i take there orders and bring it to the counter ethan follows.

"You look exhausted."

"I didnt sleep last night." I shrug.

"Why not?"

"My mom had a few friends over and they were a little loud. No big deal."

"Oh... You shouldve called me. I couldve came and got you or something."

"Eh i had alina and such."

"Who cares?"

"I do. Were not your responsibility." I point out.

"I beg to differ but okay. Promise next time you cant sleep to call me. Even if your just restless. I can sing to you or something. Your to pretty to have bags under your eyes anyway." He brushes his hand along my cheek before joining his friends again.

And its then at that moment that my crush for him exceeds limits. Im just head over heels for this guy.

________________________

What do you guys think?