Chapter 48: Pain

I was swearing, kicking and screaming. Daryl and I had been captured. I didn't know where he was though I assumed he would be close. I hoped he was close...

Soon I could hear voices muffled at first but they soon became louder and louder.

"These are just two of the terrorists that attacked us today!"

I was shoved ahead and I fell against another before the hood was torn from my head. Daryl was right beside me and gave me a worried look before his eyes settled on Merle. His expression was nearly unreadable but another was clearly in shock... And so was I. It was Andrea she was still alive. A pang of guilt shot through me when I realised we had left her for dead and never even known.

"What shall we do with them huh?"

"Kill them!" They all yelled together.

My heart was racing I kept breathing slowly to try and get it under control. I can't lose him. If someone has to die I'd rather it be me but I don't want to break my promise to Carol either.

I was stood between the Dixon brother's hands tied behind my back. The townspeople screening at us all and the only person that actually cared about our freedom was Andrea.

"I asked you where your loyalties lie," The crazy looking guy who I could only assume was yhe governor pointed at Merle. "You said here...well prove it.

One man cut Daryl's restraints and another dragged me away. I growled and elbowed him in the stomach and head-butted the other who'd freed Daryl. It didn't take long for me to be restrained properly again. Daryl was yelling at them the whole time but another had grabbed ahold of him to stop testing the others apart.

The governor laughed and smiled at me. Slowly he walked towards me and placed a hand on my cheek which I tried to pull away from.

" I like you. You got fight. If it weren't for what you've done I would keep you around," He whispered.

"Fuck off," I spat at him and sneered.

When his hand connected harshly with my face I didn't react just glared at him as he laughed once more and stepped away.

"Now where was I? At yes. Brother against Brother!" The governor announced. "Fight to the death!" He yelled and everyone cheered in agreement. My heart sank and I frantically tugged at my restraints trying to get them untied to no avail. "The winner gets to decide what happens to the lovely lady."

"Y'all know me! I'm gonna do whatever I gotta do to prove-" Merle swung at Daryl with his metal hand hitting him right in the gut. Daryl grunted in pain and fell to the floor.

I yelled and tried to pull away from the men holding me.

"- that my loyalty -" he kicked Daryl sending him rolling and kicking up dirt "- is to this town!"

"Merle I swear to God I'll kill you!"

I was slowly losing more control by the second seeing Daryl hurt killed me.

Before I knew I saw walkers being dragged in through the tears that had begun to cloud my vision. Daryl and Merle weren't fighting anymore they were back to back. I had a drop of hope.

The brothers started punching and shoving the walkers one by one. Taking a deep breath I managed to really start getting through the role holding my hands together. There was a little spark of joy when the shooting began.

A bullet, fortunately, sinking through the skull of one of the men holding me was all I needed to break free. I ran for Daryl kicking over a walker in the process.