15. Shield

🎵 Nothing could keep us apart...
You'd be the one I was meant to find 🎵

#######

Yushkova Mansion

"How did she know?" Victoria asked while pacing left and right inside the library.

"I don't know madam." Zuzu replied honestly.

"Zuzu, promise me that you won't tell anyone about him. Even if you'll be out of the mansion." Victoria looked at the old maid intently.

"Yes, madam. My loyalty remains with you." The old maid said.

"Very well."

--------------

"Devon, can you help me with this?" Ariel requested from the man to zip up her dress.

Devon absent-mindedly did it while sighing. Lately, the woman was spending as if she doesn't have enough possessions. Her closet is full, her shoe cabinet is crowded and her bag collection is already brimming. He cannot help but to compare Ariel with Natalia. The latter was not demanding and was submissive to him. How he truly missed her.

"Where are you going?" He asked the enchanting woman giving his attention to her attire.

"Meeting my friends. It's Friday night." Ariel simply said not hiding her excitement.

"Until what time?" Devon asked.

"Uh..don't wait for me. Clubbing takes hours, darling." The woman said to him and kissed him.

On the way to the club, Ariel's phone rang.

"You're going to a bar?"

"Jude.."

"Meet me in one of the VIP rooms there."

"I can't----"

The call ended.

Ariel closed her eyes praying that Mr. Genome will be good to her.

#######

"How about you leave?" Natalia said irritated.

Alexander just smirked at the statement. He changed the topic and asked about what happened the last time after they separated. Natalia recalled the night and told him everything.

"So tell me, did you enjoy kissing this 'friend' of yours?" The man shamelessly inquired.

Natalia couldn't believe that of all the things she had told him, he only grasped a portion of it. She sighed at the fact.

She didn't answer and won't answer him as her mind was really on another matter. She's contemplating if she is ready to stir the water.

For the past days, she was pondering the effects and result. Even at her own cost, the timing is convenient since her dad won't be witnessing and won't be dealing with the mess. Natalia stared at Alexander.

"I need your help..." She confidently said.

"Of course. This 'friend' of yours will be your aid." The man casually responded giving her a warm smile.

"I know you already had an idea. I need a great ignition to start the fire." Natalia uttered. Alexander looked at her amusingly.

"This fire that you're going to start... It can burn you." The man flatly uttered.

"I don't mind." She stared at him with full determination.

The man stared at Natalia for a long time.