20

"Hey you" Hesitant Morgan steps into Spencer's room, he is sitting on his bed, his legs hitting the bed frame regularly as he swings them. He looks up from his book, and takes his hand away from it to wave to him but then looks down again. "I brought someone is it okay if we come in? She can also wait outside if you prefer that."

"I brought someone is it okay if we come in?" Spencer echoes and Derek knows it means yes.

"Alright, pretty boy." He steps outside the room and waves Savannah over who grabs his hand and walks behind him into the room. "This is Savannah. I told you about her remember?"

"I told you about her remember?"

"It's very nice to meet you." She tells him.

She knows why Spencer is here, that someday all the anxiety got to much. That Spencer's therapist called Derek telling him that he will be admitted and that Derek ever since has not missed a day that he is in the city to visit him and that he is more than ready to be there when Spencer gets out again.

"Why don't we sit outside for a while? It's nice weather." Spencer nods and puts the book aside. Derek had talked to his doctor before bringing Savannah here, knowing meeting new people is not something he enjoys but the doctor told him it's gonna be good for him. Especially considering that they are taking huge steps to Spencer getting out of the hospital again. "Put a sweater on, it's windy."

"It's nice weather. Put a sweater on, it's windy. It's nice weather. Put a sweater on, it's windy. You aren't being very clear today."

"It's beautiful out there as long as you have a sweater on or you will get cold okay?"

"Okay." Spencer grabs a sweater from the shelve, pulling it over his head so it hangs over his thin frame. "Okay?"

"Yes, perfect." Derek watches Spencer look at Savannah for a quick second before lowering his glance again. "Go ahead, you can chose where we go. We can take a card game if you want to."

"Oh I love playing cards" Savannah chimes in to encourage him.

"Oh I love playing cards. Nobody plays cards with me in here." He complains and leads them towards the room where he knows the cards game is.

"That's because you always win."

"That's because you always win. Bad losers." Spencer states and walks over to the shelve grabbing the card game before walking over to the door to the garden.

Derek can not imagine that Spencer does not know that this place is not what his insurance covers but Derek is not gonna be the first to bring up that Rossi has been covering the rest.

"You chose." Morgan directs him when Spencer stops walking but he shakes his head and points at Savannah. "Not gonna happen, chose a table, kid" There are a few other visitors and patients with nurses outside.

"Not gonna happen."

"You can do this." Comforting Derek places a hand on his back. "Do you want to sit in the sun or shadow?"

"Sun"

"Okay, then we need a table in the sun and you probably want to have it not in the trouble right here, right?" Spencer nods and then points at a table that his half in the shadow half in the sun. "That one looks good, good job." He praises him and follows him there where Spencer sits down opposite of them and starts dealing the cards, "Right to it then, I like that"

Anxious Spencer flinches when Savannah accidentally brushes his hand while grabbing the cards from him but it stays at that and Derek puts an arm around Savannah, signaling Spencer that she is no threat.

They play cards for quite a while and it helps with getting Spencer to talk until he notices Savannah shaking a little bit. "Put a sweater on, it's windy."

"I forgot mine in the car, it's fine." Before Morgan can get up to hand his jacket to her Spencer gets up and pulls of his sweater.

"You can borrow mine"

"Oh it's okay-"

"You can borrow mine. I am sitting in the sun."

"Are you sure, pretty boy? You are always cold." Derek questions but Spencer just nods and keeps standing next to the table until Savannah accepts it.

"Thank you."

"Thank you." He gives back and starts shuffling the cards for another game while Morgan announces to go to the bathroom real quick, "You are gonna be a good mother." He whispers not looking at her.

"What?" Irritated Savannah looks at her, her hand unconsciously wandering over her stomach.

"What? You are gonna be a good mother. Need to keep the baby warm."

"How do you-"

"Mom says I have a gift." He tells her and leans over the table grabbing Morgan's cards while Savannah looks at him in disbelief. "Can I see them when they are born? I wanna hold them at least ones. Please?"

"As often as you want." She promises with a smile and tears in her eyes. "Derek doesn't know yet-"

"I won't tell him."

He doesn't but when Derek hears from Spencer's doctor how Spencer won't stop talking about wanting to be out completely in the most eight months and Spencer talks to him about Henry a lot more and asks tones of questions about what Savannah is doing, what she is eating, he connects the dots that Spencer knew before he told him and is more than proud to place the baby in his arms, seven months later.

"He loves you already Spence" JJ speaks up, her hand running up and down his back. They all had been nervous about Spencer's reaction. He had been out completely for a month now, only therapy twice a week accommodating him right now.

"Can I see Savannah too?"

"We can see Savannah if you feel up for it." Derek ensures him. "We have to tell you something anyways."