92

"Gideon?" Surprised Spencer looks up from his hospital bed, looking at the man walking into the room. "What are you doing here?"

"They called me, I am your emergency contact."

"Sorry about that." Ashamed Spencer lowers his head, hugging himself as far as that is possible and tries sitting up but the pain spreads through his torso causing him to bite down on his teeth as strong as he can to somehow compensate this.

"It's okay keep laying down" With a warm tone in his voice Gideon continues, "and I don't mind you putting me in as your emergency contact. It makes sense."

"I don't know anyone else here"

"I figured" The older man sits down on the chair next to the bed, noticing how Spencer nervously taps a rhythm on the bed sheet with his not broken hand. "What happened?"

"They probably already told you."

"I came here the moment Agent Gadner called, I didn't ask any questions." Hesitant he reaches for Spencer's face, wiping the strain back that he tried to shake off multiple times now, "Who did this to you?"

"It's not important"

"Tell me"

"I am getting bullied. Again."

"By who?" Gideon pushes, his hand still laying next to Spencer's head.

"No"

"Kid, please" Spencer turns his head away and a moment later starts crying, his tensed up expressions turning into a scrunched up nose and wobbly lips before the first sob fills the room and he reaches up to his rips to somehow stop the pain that comes with it but he can't stop, and this hurts, this hurts so much and Gideon is here, Gideon needs to think he is strong.

"Kid don't, you are hurting yourself." Gently he turns Spencer back on his back, reaching up to his face again, "It's okay, you are safe, it's okay."

"Don't wanna go there again."

"Okay, okay, we will figure this out, kiddo."

"I am sorry"

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

"They do things to me." He brings out, before another tear runs down his cheek, "Don't make me go there again, Agent Gideon."

"What do they do, kid?"

"I don't wanna go there anymore please. I am sorry."

"Whatever you want" He promises him and starts moving his thump up and down Spencer's cheek and for some reason this motion seems to calm him down, "That's good, kiddo."

"I am sorry to disappoint you, you can leave me if you want to."

"Not a chance." With a warm smile he looks down on him. "You can take a break from the academy, we will sort this out."

"I don't wanna see them again."

"You want to be an agent too-"

"I am not going back there." Spencer whispers. "Please"

"Okay, it's your decision we will find a different career path for you." He ensures him, pulling his blanket a little bit higher for him when he notices him shaking.

"Really?"

"Of course"

"You won't be mad? You wanted me on your team."

"I want you to be happy."

"Why?"

"Because you are important to me." Gideon assures him looking at the frown on the younger man's face.

"I thought-"

"Believe me I don't travel around the country with someone just to see them win price over price only because I want them on my team. My dedication for the FBI is strong but not that much." His phone rings but he quickly declines the call, "Listen, you will find your way and I understand if that won't be with us, but if you still think about this job the way you did when you first started the academy then don't throw this away."

"I wanna be an agent, but I am not going back there. They- they-" He bides down hard again, Gideon feeling the muscles tense up under his hand.

"You won't go back there alone, I promise you I will make sure that every class, every training I am with you."

"You can't promise that."

"I have enough vacation days left, it's only a couple more months, believe me I can. They will never lay a hand on you again."