87

"Where is Spence?" Matt questions leaning over towards Luke. "I thought he was coming."

"I thought so too." Disappointed Luke looks at the empty seat at the table. They are at a restaurant, wanting to have a nice evening with the team and partners.

"Maybe he will show." Matt tries to encourage Luke, squeezing his thigh ones before turning back to talking to the others and Luke waits for a couple more minutes before stepping outside to call him, his phone going to voicemail.

"Hey it's Luke, listen we kinda figured you would be here right now. Me too. I saved you a seat. Call me when you get this."

He gets disappointed, Spencer doesn't show to the dinner so he excuses himself even before the dessert and makes his way over to Spencer's apartment, letting himself in to find his boyfriend sitting on the floor, watching a movie on TV.

"Hey you" Spencer looks up to him but Luke isn't sure if he really registered him. "We missed you today." Slowly he walks towards him, noticing the puzzle in his hands. "What have you got there?"

"I hate restaurants" Spencer whispers and looks down on the golden puzzle again. "I hate going out to eat. Why do people think it's a fun thing to do?"

"Well for me-" Luke kneels down next to him, "It's just about being around the people I love, it doesn't matter where if it is a restaurant or at someone's home but a lot of people like to good food so it makes sense to combine these things."

"I don't like eating in front of people."

"I know, I still hoped you would show." Careful Luke reaches towards the puzzle, "Can we talk about this for a second?"

"I am sorry"

"You don't have to be sorry, I just want you to understand where I am coming from."

"Are you mad?"

"I am not mad, I am a little bit sad." Luke breaks it down, pulling his hand back when he sees Spencer holding the puzzle with more strength, "I thought we are gonna have a nice evening."

"I never said that."

"I know, I am not saying you did, babe." Luke wipes his face with his hand ones, "Listen, I am not judging you. But I always go to those things alone, I always- I want to that with you. With my boyfriend and I know it's hard, no one ever helped you with this but we can try, we can find ways to make this possible. We can work with a therapist, we can- there are so many options."

"I like my evenings like this."

"I understand that, but you have to understand me too."

"It's not gonna happen, if you- if you are going to force me to those things then you can leave right away."

"We both know I am not gonna do that" Luke scoops over, sitting down properly and placing his head on Spencer's shoulder. "What are we watching?"