102

A/N: This is not a prompt from this list but I thought I share this in here anyways

"I won't make it home for the holiday." Hotch admits, holding his phone in his hands while sitting on the small bed that the cabin they are all staying in provides. "I am sorry"

"Aaron you promised." Haley tells him, "You are going to miss Christmas with your son, you promised you would be home."

"I know" Guilty he looks down onto the floor, shuffling his feet over the soft carpet, "I will make it up to you."

"You can't make up for lost time."

"I am trying, it wasn't my fault, we are snowed in-"

"It is never your fault." She remarks with a huff, "I have to go, I am going to call my parents, see if we can stay the night with them."

"You do that" He assures her in a soft tone, his voice not carrying the frustration he feels about Haley not understanding him, "I know they will love having you two there."

"Goodnight, Aaron." With that she hangs up the phone, before Hotch can even ask her if he can speak to Jack for a few minutes and before he can even realize that, he can hear Derek calling him to get downstairs.

"Dinner is ready" The man announces when Hotch asks him what is going on and when he gets downstairs he can already smell the bolognese sauce, and the smell of the candles lighting up the room. They really got lucky with where they are staying this time. "I hope you are hungry."

"Of course" He can feel Dave's eyes on him as he sits down, being nervous about showing how broken up he feels inside but Spencer catches his attention first, tapping the back of his hand two times that is placed on the table and then points at the bottle of sprite at the end of the table.

It's their little thing. It's Hotch's little guilty pleasure even though he tries eating and drinking healthy and the thing Spencer always drinks when the others drink alcohol because both love the absolute sugary sweet taste, that you know can't be good but for a few sips just feels like the sugar glues your soul together.

"Do you want some?" Hotch questions and lurs an excited nodding out of him, accominated by him flapping his hand right above his shoulder causing his hands to hit it for a few times.

"We got a little bit too excited over making his favorite." Rossi explains the lack of verbal communication from Spencer.

"Oh" With a soft smile he looks at Spencer who guilty purses his lips, "It's okay, I understand. It also has been a long day." Comforting he places a hand on his arm, "We will see in the morning how the weather is okay? I am sorry I can't tell you more." He announces to the team but keeps his eyes on Spencer, having the hint of an idea that this is maybe also a factor in why he went nonverbal, "There is no need to be worried, it's not uncommon here, I talked to the hotel director, there is hardly anything that could happen to this cabin even with the snow storm outside."

"I think it's cozy." JJ encourages Spencer as well, "We have the fireplace on and all the candles are lightning and we know there is nothing we can do right now, it's not in our responsibility to change anything, we just have to wait it out anyway."

Hotch smiles at her for the attempt to cheer them up before starting to eat his food, noticing how Spencer's eyes nervously glance over the windows every once in a while until Derek gets up and draws the curtains shut and he relaxes a little bit.

"Pretty boy, why don't you go to bed?" He suggests when they clean up the table, "You won't take notice of what's going on outside and I promise you we are here, we are not going anywhere." Hotch hears Derek tell him in a low voice, "This will only make you more anxious."