83

"What's up?" Tiredly Derek had just reached for his phone in the middle of the night, assuming it's Hotch with a case.

"It's Luke here."

"Luke?" Worried Derek sits up when he hears the name of his best friend's boyfriend. They had been dating for three years by now and Derek and him get along but it's unusual for him to call.

"There is construction being done in and near our building and you can imagine what hell of a day Spencer had- he is terrified tomorrow is gonna be the same. Can he stay with you for the next few days? Just until this is over?" Luke questions while he holds Spencer in his arms, Spencer's head placed on his chest..

"Of course"

"Alrigh,  we will drive by tomorrow."

"I will have the guest room ready." He promises them and hangs up, slipping back into sleep just for Spencer to call him in the early morning, "Everything alright?"

"Luke left for work"

"He did?"

"Yes, he got called in." He explains and Derek can already hear the construction noise in the background,

"Oh shoot kid" He realizes why he must be calling. Spencer never asks for anything which is also probably why Luke called last night and not he and why he is calling now, only stating that Luke left for work. "You are still at home right?"

"Yes"

"Stay there, I am gonna get you."

"That's nice of you"

"Pack a bag with some clothes for you and Luke okay? I can't have you and him stealing mine." He jokes and slips into his shoes,

"How many?"

"Just a few so you two can stay with me."

"Both?"

"Of course both. Listen, I am gonna be with you in a few just get your things and wait in your apartment."

"I will." Picking him up he ignores how Spencer didn't really pack everything and walks him down to his car, "Work?"

"What?"

"What? Work now?" Spencer repeats and looks at Derek expecting,

"Kid, it's not even seven."

"It's not even seven. It's not even seven." Spencer echoes with a shrug.

"The only place you are going is a bed." Derek answers with a chuckle, "Did you even sleep one minute last night?"

"Did you even sleep one minute last night? 89 minutes."

"That's not enough, you are getting sleep before we go into work. Two hours minimum." If Derek sees him pouting on the passenger seat, he doesn't comment on it when he carries him out of the car into the house, Spencer being fast asleep, drooling onto his shirt, "Real gentleman, kid" With a smile he places him down on his bed, reaching for his blanket, covering him in it and being just in time out of the room when his phone rings.

"Luke! I just got Spencer from your apartment."

"Thank you, I was gonna ask you to do that, it's good that he is already with you."

"He is fast asleep actually. I am gonna wait for him to wake up and then drive to work, do you want me to place a key somewhere?"

"A key?" Luke questions, "I have my key."

"For my house."

"For your house? I don't- I am all good."

"You didn't think I would let you stay at your apartment did you?" Derek questions while putting on the coffee, "You are welcome here as much as he is. Just step by after your shift, there is no need to torture yourself with construction noise like that."