49

His eyes wander towards the kid next to him, even though Gideon presses him not to refer to him as such. Spencer is looking down onto the tiles as they walk towards the outside of the building, carful not to step on any lines. "You doing okay there, Dr ?"

"I am doing good, thank you for asking Sir."

"You gotta cut the Sir"

"If you stop with the Dr."

"Alright pretty boy" He chuckles when Spencer looks up to him with a frown,

"Pretty boy?"

"What you don't like it?" He teases him and let's off him with the topic when he just insecurely looks to the side. "Alright, call me when you get home."

Spencer stays quiet for a moment and then looks up to him, slightly next to his face up to the ceiling. Derek had first put it off as him being shy but after three weeks of working together he has the assumption that this isn't just shyness. "Why would I call you?"

"So I know you got home safe."

"Oh I will."

"Good I am counting on that, kid." Hesitant Spencer nods and then shyly waves him walking towards what Morgan assumes will be his car and it slips his mind for quite a bit, in the end he before meant it just as a phrase anyway but he can't help but worry if he got home safely so when he goes to bed and Spencer still hasn't called he picks up his phone and opens their chat. The only message being one from Spencer from three weeks ago, "Dear Agent Morgan, Agent Gideon told me to text you so you have my number, Sincerely Spencer Reid."

"You got home okay? You told me you would call remember?" He writes him and locks his phone again but he doesn't get in answer so he just assumes the kid must have fallen asleep and shoots Gideon a quick text who after a few minutes confirms that he got a hold of Spencer and that he is fine.

"Good morning sleepyhead." He greets him the next day at the office when he walks in with Gideon next to him. "You maybe forgot something yesterday?"

"Morgan" With a subtle smile Gideon places a hand on Spencer's shoulder and Spencer looks up and down a couple of times, opening his mouth and closing it again until he works enough courage up.

"I am sorry Agent Morgan, I forgot to call because I was too excited to read my book. I am deeply sorry for causing such trouble even though you specifically asked me too."

"It's alright you just had me worried." Derek notices Gideon giving Spencer an encouraging smile that very much looks like 'I told you so'.

"I will from now on send you a text messages when I get home if that is okay?"

"That would definitely ease my mind." Derek tells him with a soft smile, being pretty sure that this is just Spencer's way of trying to be close to him, when everything he did the last weeks was maybe not the common way to do so.

One way being just sitting down at Morgan's desk and starting to tell him about a few books he thinks Morgan will like and then going on with spoiling almost everything in the process because he couldn't contain his appreciation and love for the details.

"And I- I would like to ask you out on a date?" Spencer brings out his normally so pale face gaining a faint rose glow while his ears turn dark red as he slightly moves back and forth on his feet. "As an apology of course"

"We wanted to cross the last part out." Gideon whispers to him, gaining a chuckle from Morgan.

"I would love to, pretty boy."