57

"I am gonna head for the couch that's for sure" Morgan exclaims while walking up into the jet making Spencer stop dead in tracks.

"Up with you." JJ encourages him, "Let's get out of here."

Spencer shakes his head, causing a frown on the woman's face. "What is it?"

"No"

"Then go up-"

"No!" He exclaims and starts scratching his neck, he doesn't know why he suddenly got so angry but he can't stop it.

There is no reason to be angry, Derek is allowed to take the couch, but why would he take the couch? He never takes the couch. Derek sits on the seat next to the couch, Spencer opposite of him till they are in the air and then he changes towards the couch, one row before JJ and opposite of her Emily while Hotch and Rossi are in the back of the jet.

"Spence-"

"Leave me alone, stop talking!" He yells at her and Hotch sends her up with a kind smile and stays down with Spencer waiting for him to calm his anger down again.

"No touching" He exclaims when Hotch tries placing a hand on his back. He doesn't wanna be touched right now because he is mad at them. And he is mad at himself because he isn't allowed to snap like this.

"Can you tell me what is wrong?"

"I sit on the couch. I sit on the couch."

"I know, so you can catch up on sleep."

"I am gonna head for the couch that's for sure" He quotes Morgan and then points at the jet, "That's not right. I sit on the couch. Morgan sits next to it."

"But today Morgan is really tired don't you think its fair to let him take it?" Hotch tries to reason with him what Spencer already knows. He knows Derek is allowed and he knows it's not nice to always take the couch, but it's just that it is always that way and it's in his head this way.

"My place." Spencer taps his chest with his palm while moving from one foot to the other. "Morgan sits next to the couch."

"Why don't you come up with me and we can see about how to solve this okay?"

"It's always this way."

"I hear you. We are gonna talk to Morgan about that okay?" Hesitant Spencer nods and leads the way into the jet letting his shoulders slump when he sees everything like it is supposed to be and sits down in his seat. "Get me when something is not okay?" Hotch questions while Spencer buckles up and nods while Derek understands the underlying message to talk to Spencer.

"What's going on?"

"You messed it up." He states not looking up from the silver buckle from the seatbelt that caught his attention by opening it and clicking it shut over and over again. "You sit next to the couch."

"I do"

"All the time"

"I know, but I am bone tired from today."

"I always take the couch." Spencer tells him, "your place is the seat next to it."

"There is enough room for both of us" Morgan tries and leans back watching Spencer thinking about the answer. "We can share can't we?"

"That's unusual." He takes his hand up pressing it over his ear for a moment when the pilot announces that they are gonna get from the ground soon.

"But is it okay? Does that make you feel okay?"

"Yes" Spencer answers and cringes a little bit, because its not really what he wants but Hotch told him that sometimes he has to give into smaller deals and that they will help him because there then isn't much change but only some. "We can share."

"Alright, pretty boy." They wait until the plane takes off and after that Morgan gives Spencer some time to take the first step but when he doesn't Morgan gets up and walks over to the couch, taking his shoes off and laying down on his side, scooping as close to rest as possible and then looking at Spencer, "Come here, it's okay."

Hesitant he walks over to the couch, sits down at the very edge and shyly looks at Morgan but then doesn't move. "Take your shoes off, and then come here."

Slowly Spencer does, his eyes wandering over the jet realizing that they all give them privacy and then he leans down, leaning his head onto Morgan's arm while the other drapes over him.

"It's not much space here."

"It's enough, trust me." Morgan buries his nose into Spencer's hair, smelling the sweet shampoo he uses. "I've got you. It's okay."

"I am tired"

"You can sleep" Morgan pulls him tight and not even ten minutes later both of them are fast asleep and maybe slowly the seating arrangement gets changed to this. Because maybe Spencer feels a lot better being cuddled and held like this instead of only sleeping under the old thin blanket the jet provides.