Chapter 8: What Would You Do Without Me?

Will woke up at 6 am, just like every other morning. The sun was just rising, and he wondered; what was making that sun come up every morning now that his dad wasn't driving the sun chariot?

He got out of his bed, took a shower, brushed his teeth, combed his hair, and got dressed. After he was all ready for the day, he cleaned up around the cabin. He picked up the dirty clothes, swept the floors, and watered the plants. Will then made his bed.

Will put on a coat and headed out the door. Just like every other morning, nobody was awake but him, some nymphs, and Chiron.

First, Will headed out towards the infirmary. There were a couple of campers that were there, and once he got there he checked up on a girl who broke her arm. She seemed to be doing better, but she would still need to stay in the infirmary for at least a couple more days. He gave her some medicine for the pain, and went to the next patient.

This one was a guy who had fallen off of a Pegasus and sprained his leg. He decided that he could let the boy out today, and after thanking Will, he left to go to his cabin.

After doing a couple of extra errands, Will sat down and took out his Italian dictionary. For the past 4 months, Will had been studying Italian in hopes of being able to fluently speak it so he could talk to Nico in his native language. He thought that maybe it would be nice if Nico had a bit of familiarity. After a while of studying, Will looked at his clock. It was 7:15, aka time to wake his siblings up.

Will went back over to his cabin and woke Kayla up first, because she took the longest to get ready. After she was up, he woke Austin.

By the time they were ready to go, it was almost time for breakfast.

"Hey, Will. I forgot to tell you yesterday." Kayla said, yawning.

"What is it?"

"I have 10 more dollars for you."

"Kayla, I told you that it's okay. I can get the money by myself, I don't want you to have to give up your money just for us."

"No, it's okay. You already spent money on other gifts for him, I have to help out with this one."

"Are you sure?" Will asked her.

"Of course!"

He took the money from Kayla's hand and gave her a big hug. "I love you."

"Love you too, big bro."

Will put the 10 dollars in the jar marked "Nico's birth certificate." Will knew the two of them were way too young to be thinking about marriage, but Will was positive that he wanted to marry Nico one day, and he can't be legally married to Nico unless Nico had a birth certificate. Even if it didn't burn up, it would still say that he was born in 1932, which definitely wouldn't work.

Will checked his watch again, and now it was 7:37. He left his cabin and walked to the Aphrodite cabin. He knocked on the door, and Drew answered.

"Hello, Drew." Will said. She scowled at him and let Mitchell out of the cabin.

Once Drew was out of earshot, Will said, "Good morning Mitchell, do you have a glass of water?"

He held up his water bottle and nodded, and Will handed him his morning medication. He did the same thing with a few other campers before heading back to his cabin to lead Kayla and Austin to breakfast.

Once at the Dining Pavilion, Will scraped the juiciest piece of bacon on his plate and into the fire before sitting down with his sister and brother.