Chapter 30: Break-In

Nico, Will, and Rachel were all sitting in front of Chiron in the Big House.

"That was very irresponsible of you, very irresponsible! What if somebody got hurt? What if one of you got hurt? What if you actually found something, and landed on the mortal news? What if you were arrested?" Chiron paced.

Chiron had been lecturing them for over an hour now.

"We get it, Chiron. We won't do it again. We're sorry." Nico told him.

"And what are you sorry for?" He asked in a stern voice, crossing his arms.

Rachel bit back a laugh. "Trying to get into Area 51."

It all started 5 hours before, when Rachel came into Nico's cabin suggesting that they go to Area 51.

"What's Area 51?" Nico asked, pausing his show.

"It's this Military Base in Nevada that is rumored to house aliens. No one is allowed to go there unless they work for the government. Trespassing can put you in jail. No one who doesn't work for the government has ever been able to make it inside before." Will explained.

Nico stood up. "Well, no demigod has ever tried, have they?"

"Wait." Will said. "Why do you want to go there so suddenly?" He asked Rachel.

"I've wanted to go to Area 51 since I was little, and I was thinking about it today when I thought that the 3 of us together might actually have a chance."

"How are we going to get there?" Nico asked.

"We can't use Jules-Albert, so we'll have to use your shadow travel. Actually, it would be a good idea to use Jules-Albert until we're in the town closest to Area 51, and then shadow travel to just outside the building. Not inside, because someone might be there when we appear." Will explained.

Nico put a couple of things into a bag. "I'll need some good shadows, then."

"I'm sure there will be some shadows right next to the building." Said Rachel.

So they packed up some things, and jumped into the car. Soon, they were on their way to Nevada.

"I told Chiron that we were going to Nevada for a few hours, which isn't technically a lie." Will said.

"This is actually really cool." Rachel said, looking around the car. "I wish I had a zombie chauffeur."

"You can use the car anytime you want." Nico told her.

She laughed. "I don't think I'll be able to summon it. I'm not a child of Hades."

"Well if you ever want to use it, just tell me. I'll summon it for you."

She smiled. "Okay."

They rode on for hours, but since it was all magic, it didn't take nearly as long as it should have in a normal car with a normal driver.

"So which town is closest to Area 51, anyways?" Nico asked.

Rachel smiled. "Rachel."

"Huh?" Asked Will.

"The town closest to Area 51 is called Rachel, Nevada. That's where Jules-Albert is taking us. It's a really small town that only has around 50 residents."

Soon enough, they saw the sign welcoming them into Rachel, Nevada. As they drove on, it was mostly land with most of the houses being mobile homes. They pulled over at the small souvenir shop and climbed out.