Chapter 33: A Tug in the Gut

Over the next few days, Nico, Will, and Rachel helped Rosemary cope with her new memories. She was a tough kid, she bounced back pretty fast. Soon she was happy and excited again. She did get nightmares, though.

Besides helping Rosemary, there wasn't anything else really to do. So Nico and Will sat around, finishing up watching Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Nico sat back as the credits rolled. He hadn't even realized he was sitting forward. With his eyebrows raised, he said "That.....was a really good show."

"Yeah? I told you you would like it!"

"I mean, I was a bit weary at first. It looked like some goofy cartoon. But this is seriously one of the best shows I have ever seen."

They talked about it for a while. Favorite characters, the symbolism, the beauty of it. It was a masterpiece.

Later, they met up with Rachel.

They were walking around Camp together. The sun was out, it was getting warmer.

"I'm so glad she got her memories back. She's already looking like her happy self again." Rachel told them.

"Me, too. She's so tough." Will said.

"Oh gods, Nico is the best big brother, though. Did you see how he handled that? Adorable." Rachel went on.

"I was just trying to comfort her. She was sad, and I knew exactly how she felt."

"Nico, you really don't get enough credit for being calm with people, huh?"

He shrugged. "I just remembered how Bianca was with me."

Rachel looped her arm with his as they were walking. "Well, she taught you well, then." She looped her other arm with Will's. "Who let me have such cool friends?"

"When Jason comes back to Camp, then we can all hang out together." Will told them. He thought that would be pretty cool.

"Yeah, he needs to get back here soon so we can go against each other in Capture the Flag. I want to see if I can beat him."

"Plus, we all miss him." Will said.

"Yeah." Nico mumbled. "He's annoying, but I do miss him."

"I want to be able to properly meet him." Rachel said. "He seems nice."

"He'll be back soon enough. I mean, it's already March 19th! He'll be here at the start of June. Anyways, I've been meaning to ask you, Rachel. How have your prophetic powers been? Has there been any change?" Will asked.

"Yeah, actually. When Apollo freed the Oracle of Dodona, I got a glimpse of it. Then again, not too long ago, Apollo freed the Trophonius Oracle."

"That's 2 out of 5. It's good that he has been able to free those 2 so far." Nico stated.

"Yeah! I actually painted the visions I got. The 2 paintings are in my cave right now, along with other paintings." Rachel said. Then she groaned. "I'm going to have to buy new paint soon. I'm running low, and it's not like I can just buy paint at the Camp store."

"I know a guy who could get you some paint." Nico said.

They all stopped walking, and Rachel and Will just stared at Nico.

"You have a guy you know that can get you paint." Will repeated.

"Yeah. I was by myself for a long time, remember? I met a lot of different people."

"And you met someone who has paint." Rachel said.

"Yeah."

Will laughed. "What in Hades' sake?"

"Guys. I'm Italian. Isn't that a stereotype?"

Will and Rachel just laughed.

"Well, we could use Jules-Albert to pick up paint. Or Shadow-Travel." Then Will laughed again. "Or I could ride a motorcycle to pick it up."

"Will, you do not seem like the type of person to ride a motorcycle." Nico stated. "Like, you can't even drive. Why would you even suggest-"

"You know I did ride a motorcycle when I was 12, right?"

"What?"

"Yeah. During Manhattan. I used it to help get people places, and to help people that were injured get to safety. It was really helpful. Oh, Percy rode on it with me. I took him to Annabeth, after she was stabbed."

Nico stared at him in bewilderment. "How- How did you even know how to drive?!"

He shrugged. "I just did. I knew I needed to."

"I didn't see you on a motorcycle! I would've remembered something like that! I want to see you drive a motorcycle!"

"I think it was before you showed up." Will said.

"Oh, when I was trying to convince my father to help. You know, I did see you later, though. I saw you fight and heal campers. I thought you were pretty brave."

"Really? You thought I was brave? You noticed me?"

Rachel elbowed him. "Oh my gods, Will."

The 3 of them joked around for a while longer, until they had to do Camp activities and the like.

Soon, the day was over. Just as Nico was saying bye to Will for the night in front of the Hades cabin, Nico felt a strange tugging sensation in his gut, and before he could figure out what it meant, he looked at Will. "Will, I feel funny."