Chapter 56: Six Months

It was April 31st. The weather was improving more and more, Nico had started seeing Mr. D for helping his mental health during lunch times, and also, it was Nico and Will's 6 month anniversary. 6 months? Half a year? That was crazy!

Will tried to wake Nico up, but he always slept like the dead. So after about 10 minutes, Will was able to get his eyes to open, before they shut again. Will gave him kisses on his forehead, and that seemed to wake him up more.

"Do you know what today is?" Will asked him softly.

"Will, I have no idea what day of the week it is." Nico said groggily, blushing.

"It's April 31st."

Nico sat up quickly. "6 months."

Will smiled.

Nico smiled back. He gave Will a long kiss, then said, "Alright, out. I'm about to change."

Once Nico got ready, he met Will outside.

"Um, I'm sorry that we weren't able to get each other anything because of what happened." Nico apologized.

"Hey, it's okay! Gifts aren't everything, right? We can do other things! And anyways, you've given me so many cool things for different occasions."

"Well, what should we do then?"

"First, there's a movie I want to watch with you. I'm sure you're going to like it." Will told him.

"What movie is it?"

"Pirates of the Caribbean."

Wil thought that he saw Nico's eyes light up slightly. "Pirates?"

Will nodded.

"So why were you obsessed with them when you were younger, anyways?"

Nico blushed. "I don't know. They were adventurous, different."

"Maybe I'll dress up as a pirate next year for Halloween." Will smirked.

Nico blushed even harder. "Fine. Maybe I'll dress up as Anakin, then."

Will felt himself blush now, too. "That....would be amazing. I don't think I would be able to resist kissing you 24/7."

Nico shrugged. "I guess we'll see when Halloween comes around."

The 2 of them went into the Apollo cabin and watched "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl." And just as Will thought, Nico loved it.

His face lit up in a way Will had never seen before. It was nice to see. Will had a feeling he was seeing a bit of Nico's 10 year-old self coming through.

When the movie finished, Nico was smiling.

"I take it you liked the movie, then?" Will laughed.

Nico nodded. "Definitely."

"There are more that we can watch later."

"There are more?!"

"Yep. There are 5 in all."

"Wow."

They sat there for a minute, talking about the movie. Eventually, Will changed the TV screen. He clicked on an icon, and something came up that looked way too familiar.

On the screen was Mythomagic, with the same logo that he was used to, but it was on the TV. Nico looked at Will in bewilderment.

"You've heard of video games, right?" Will asked him.

Nico nodded.

"Well, they made a Mythomagic video game in the past couple of years! I found it the other day, and it's free. The Apollo cabin has 3 gaming controllers, and it can be a 1 or 2 player game, so we can play it together if you want."

"I mean I would love to, but I've never played a video game before. I don't know how anything works."

"That's why I can teach you! Come here."

Nico sat down next to Will as Will held out a controller. "The device we're using is called a Playstation. There are multiple types that were made, and we're using this one." He pointed at the label that had a number on it.

Will taught Nico what all of the buttons did, and then Will clicked a tutorial button for the Mythomagic game.

Soon, Nico and Will were engrossed in a round against each other, summoning different gods and heroes to fight. They played for hours, and Nico only lost once.

Soon, it was time for dinner. Will told him to wait in the Hades cabin while he got them both food.

Soon they were eating dinner in the Hades cabin together. Will had gotten them slightly nicer food than usual. Then he went back and got them dessert. And Nico ate all of his food. Because it was a special occasion, and Nico didn't want anything to ruin this night, So he ate. He ate for Will.

After they cleaned up, Nico felt shot with nerves. For while the two were eating, Nico had decided.

He was going to tell Will that he loved him.

Both standing up in Nico's cabin, Nico faced Will. He looked into his bright blue eyes. If he was going to do this, he would have to go all the way. No avoiding eye contact, no cutting off his sentences. This was important.

"Will, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" Will asked, confused.

"Okay. I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now, but I was too scared. I thought that maybe you wouldn't feel the same. I almost told you the night with the comets, but then my ears started ringing and we had to deal with that. But I can't keep on making excuses. And I can't wait any longer, either. I have to tell you. Then I can deal with the repercussions."

"Tell me what?" Will looked really confused now.

"Will, io-" He paused. That was Italian, not English. He started over. "Will, I love you. I love you a lot. I love you more than life itself."

Will stared at him, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open. Blush was beginning to creep up his face.

"Well, say something!"

Then Will smiled very brightly. "I've been waiting. I wanted you to say it first. I love you too, Nico."

Nico exhaled. "Well, you scared me!"

"I'm sorry."

The two of them finished their semi-anniversary kissing.