Chapter 57: Rachel's Parting

The next few days were really bad for Nico. Constant flashbacks, nightmares, pain, voices. He moved to sit with Mr. D at lunch permanently, for all meals. At the moment, he was currently having a bad flashback. It was of Tartarus. Nico felt so alone, so scared, so empty. He didn't think he would make it out alive, but he didn't care much. The reason he was even still going on was because he was trying to stop Gaea, and because he had to make sure his sister was okay.

The horrors of that place never left him. If that wasn't bad enough, now he had to relive them.

Then he felt a warm hand on his face, and another on his hand. Suddenly he was back, Will looking at him with love and concern on his face and in his eyes.

Nico sat down. "Tartarus." Was all he said, wiping tears from his eyes.

"Breath."

Nico took deep breaths.

"It's okay. Relax."

Nico dug his face into Will's shirt and Will's arms instinctively went around him.

"Flashbacks suck." Nico said, his voice muffled by Will's shirt.

"I bet. I'm really sorry you have to go through that."

"You make them better."

"I'm glad." Will kissed the top of Nico's head. "How have the lessons been going with Mr. D?"

"Good. He teaches me ways to cope, things to do to avoid triggers and stuff. Basically gives me advice."

"And tells you to stop seeing the Trogs?" Will raised an eyebrow.

Nico nodded.

"Well?"

"I'm not going to stop visiting them, if that's what you're saying."

Will sighed. "Nico, they're bad for your mental health."

"I don't care."

"Don't you want to feel better?"

"Yes."

Will rolled his eyes. "You literally don't make any sense. Anyways, do you think that Mr. D is helping you?"

Nico shrugged. "I can't really tell. His advice is good, though."

After they left Nico's cabin, they headed for Rachel's cave. When they got there, they were surprised to see her packing.

She looked over as the two of them walked in. "Oh, hey. I was about to go see you guys."

"Why are you packing?" Will asked her.

"I'm going back to stay in one of my houses in Brooklyn. With my family." She said, zipping up one of her pockets.

"Why so suddenly?" Nico asked.

"Well, I haven't seen them in months. They wanted me back by May, and it's May now. Sorry I didn't tell you guys ahead of time."

"It's fine. So you're leaving today?" Said Will.

"Yeah. Like I said, I was coming to get you guys so I could say bye."

Nico and Will helped Rachel pack up the rest of her things. Soon, all that was left was the wooden stool. The 3 of them walked towards one of the Camp Half-Blood buses, which was what she was taking to get home.

Rachel smiled at the both of them. "I don't usually like physical contact, but you guys are different. Can I hug you?"

Will put his arms out, and Nico nodded. She hugged both of them, then climbed into the passenger's seat of the bus.

"I'll be back soon, I hope. I just have to spend summer with my parents." She rolled her eyes. "They aren't very good company. They're all snobby because they're rich. It's annoying. I can't wait until I get to move out. I'll probably either just live here, or get a place really close by."

"That sounds like a good idea. Well, Will and I will be sticking around here for a while longer. I mean, this is my first actual home in a long time. I'll be staying for a while."

"I should be seeing both of you pretty soon. I'm looking forward to coming back. Bye." She waved.

They waved back. Then, Argus started the engine of the car and drove off.

Will somehow knew what Nico was thinking. "Don't worry, she'll probably come back. We can Iris-Message her lots if you're worried."

"Okay."

But Nico was still worried that she would never come back, just like Jason had never came back.