c h a p t e r 19 🌊

Braxton's POV:

While I was waiting for Jayden to show up I was just thinking about everything that happened within the last hour. I wanted to leave and go home and go to bed, but I couldn't. Not because someone was making me stay, I felt like I had to stay that I wasn't allowed to leave. I was hoping when the others got here I would feel like I could leave, so when they got here and came over I still didn't feel like I was able to leave.

I wasn't really surprised to see Jayden had brought two of his sons as well, I was surprised however when Jayden asked me if I was going with them to Jordan's room. I thought he would of told me to rack off and not speak about this but instead he walked down the empty hallways with me.

We just got to Jordan's room, her brothers who I don't know the names of walked in first after the nurse and then Jayden and then I followed after him. The nurse who I'm guessing is named Lisa from her badge checks someone of the machine which as wires going all over the place before smiling at us and leaving again.

She wasn't wrong about Jordan looking spaced out. I'm guessing they changed her because she's now wearing one of the gown things they give you, her face is bare of the slight makeup she was wearing before and her hair is a mess.

She still looks high as anything, but I don't know if that's the case or its because she might have been crying.

"Hey baby" her dad says as he pulls the seat over so he is sitting next to her. He is on the right side, the other two on the left and I'm in front of the bed leaning against the far wall.

When she doesn't say anything back he places his hand on top of hers, but still he just sits there and looks down at her lap. That's what she's been doing since we walked in.

The nicer one of the boys lets out a sigh before reaching into his bag and pulling out a spray bottle, hairbrush and some little hair ties before going and standing behind the bed. I didn't even realize he had the bag. but like before she doesn't even flinch when he starts wetting her hair and brushing it out softly.

"You freaked me out you know" I say to her after five minutes of nothing but silence

When I stop speaking her head snaps up and she looks at me and the shock is clear on her face. I'm guessing she thought it was just her dad and brothers.

"What are you doing here?" she asks me, speaking for the first time since we walked in the room. She doesn't sound mad that I'm here, her voice is really quite though; it sounds like she has been sick for weeks and has barely spoke in months.

"I was with you when you had the seizure, I brought you here and called your dad when the nurses had you" I explain to her while she looks me dead in the eye, probably looking for a lie

"Oh right" she says after a second of staring at me before looking down again, just as she does that someone softly knocks on the door and Jayden calls out saying that the door is open.

In walks Lisa and she smiles when she sees us all still here.

"Mr King, could I have a word outside?" She asks Jayden and he looks over at Jordan but she still doesn't move, he sighs and gives her hand a quick squeeze before getting up and walking out the door. As he was walking by he nods at the other boy to follow him and he to gets up and walks outside the room to speak with the nurse no doubt about Jordan's wellbeing.

Wanting to sit down, I walk over to the seat where Jayden was just sitting. Seeing a random magazine laying on the table thingy not far from me I pick it up and start flicking through it as the other guy continues doing Jordan's hair. I really need to learn his name.