c h a p t e r 24 🌊

"So will your sister be home" I ask him as I remember the conversation we had weeks ago when he told me about his family

"Uh yeah I think so, she'll probably be asleep though" he says to me and I nod and just look out the front window as we drive along the empty roads as I think about a million different things.

It doesn't take me long to realise we are driving into the southside area, but not quite where I used to live; I'm guessing he lives here. He doesn't really seem like the type to live on this side, I guess maybe a little because of his overall vibe; but his family doesn't. His mother sounds like the nicest and craziest person I've ever met; and his dad was in the army for god sake.

His dad served in the army and it was his job to protect people and mine literally runs a mafia.

Without knowing I let out a tiny giggle at the thought that catches the attention of Braxton.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks me and it takes me a second to realise that I cant exactly tell him my exact thoughts but I can the main ones I guess

"Oh just that your family sounds so normal compared to mine" I say to him and he briefly looks over at me with a questioning look, wanting me to explain further I'm assuming

"Well, you have your family. Your mum and dad are still married with 2 kids the oldest one knows what she wants to do in life and the youngest one still in school; and then my family. A single dad to 8 kids because the mother to said 8 children killed herself on drugs, all 8 kids still live at home and the oldest daughter is 17 year old with raging drug and abandonment problems that gets arrested every other day and that's not even the start of it; the only one of us who has our fucking shit together is Callie and she's 6" I say to him and I cant help another laugh come out and he looks over at me and I can tell he is trying not to laugh, probably to be nice.

"We all have our problems and as long we are ready to deal and face each problem it doesn't matter" he decides to say and I softly chuckle again and before I can say anything he is stopping the car in a drive way to a small old house. I'm guessing this is his house.

It looks slightly old but its still cute, it looks really good for a southside house.

I look over to Braxton and he looks at me before giving me a small smile and nodding towards his house and I pretty much jump out of the car and sprit around to his side. When he gets out of his seat I give him a massive wide smile and he laughs before shaking his head and locking the car before walking up to his front door.

As I walk up to the front door behind Braxton a slight bit of nervousness kicks in and before I understand what I'm doing I reach a grab onto Braxton's hand and squeezing it and he looks back at me before smiling a tiny bit and squeezing my hand back. In a way calming my nerves down.

"They'll love you, don't even worry about it" he says to me as he twist the door handle and opens the door before walking in and pulling me along with him.

The first thing I notice is what I'm guessing is the living room, there's the tv on like a stand thing and around it is a bunch of photos and more photos hung up on the wall, there's a 3 seater lounge and another 2 seater one with a coffee table in the middle and a candle burning in the corner of a little book shelf thing. I love it all, it has a very warm homey feel to it. Like no matter what happens you'll always be safe here.

This is everything I ever wanted when I was living with mum, this is what I dreamed about.

Snapping out of my thoughts I see a very tall man walking into the living room where we are standing and he is pushing a beautiful lady in a wheel chair. His mum and dad.