Chapter 16

Wedding Day.

As a little kid, my ideal wedding had always been the most exciting planning of my life, I'd always buy scrapbooks and draw these detailed beautiful dresses that I'd perhaps wear. But this. This arranged marriage shattered any unique ideas I had. A few days back I went shopping with the guards and they precisely told me 'no big fancy dresses, the boss wants a small wedding with no big decorations'. 

(Flashback to buying wedding dresses)

"Buy this black one, Alessandro will like it," one of the guards say trying to shove this simple block bodycon dress into my arms.

"What makes you think I give a fuck about what Alessandro thinks? I will buy whichever dress I like," I snap rolling my eyes. He looked like he wanted to say something more but turned his head the other way. This whole trip all of the bodyguards have been giving me black dresses.

"It's not a fucking funeral you know? It's a wedding," I say returning another black dress that was handed to me.

"You really don't know shit about the mafia," a guard says.

"What's your name?" I ask raising a brow.

"teater"

What kind of name is that?

"Listen teater, I may not know shit but I'm smart enough to realise once I'm married all I have to do is ask for someone to snap your neck and boom you're dead," I watched his eyes slightly widen before nodding his head.

"Yes ma'am"

Oh, we're going by ma'am now? Improvement.

"Sorry about him, he's just against this marriage," speaks another guard with a small smile.

"Feelings mutual," I smile back.

"The tradition of the weddings is to wear black dresses, white is a symbol of happiness and in the mafia that doesn't exist, for further details, please ask Alessandro" he nods his head before walking behind me letting me continue browsing the dresses.

That's the biggest bullshit ever. 

(Flashback over)

This is the dress I bought.

The makeup look is simple, concealer covering my dark spots coated with foundation and powder to blend into my skin tone from face to neck, blush on my upper cheekbones, mascara along with eyeliner beautifully lined

The makeup look is simple, concealer covering my dark spots coated with foundation and powder to blend into my skin tone from face to neck, blush on my upper cheekbones, mascara along with eyeliner beautifully lined. I don't wear makeup much, let alone understand designs.

(The look)