Chapter 17

2 weeks later.

The marriage life isn't exactly what I'd imagine it to be, I thought maybe Alessandro will grow closer to me and we'd make it work but the only communication we have with each other is when exchanging good mornings/nights. I rarely see him, only at special dinners or meetings, hell even Machie sees him more.

Today I felt like dressing up, I feel like there's no one to talk to in the house, Liv went to Paris over the weekend and wanted me to go with her but Alessandro denied the request for me.

Unlike most days, Alessandro is actually here today.

"Hey, do you want to do something today?," I ask fiddling with my fingers.

"Sorry I have work."

"Not trying to be one of those people but today is your day off, so I think you should spend it with your wife. We've barely had a decent conversation since the wedding day," I cross my arms in hopes to look more serious and intimidating.

"I can't"

"This is bullshit, of course you can, you just don't want to," I glare at him feeling a sudden burst of rage, "you know if Elias is right-"

"Elias? What are you doing with him?"

"Let me finish, Elias says the myth's fake," I feel my heart crack at the sight of him, his eyes softened and some realisation hit him as he went tense.

"Fake? The myth is fake?" He starts pacing around the room with his hands on his neck, his elbows pointing out.

"Yes, why are you freaking out?"

"You don't fucking understand," he shuts his eyes tightly taking deep breaths.

"Then fucking explain?"

"No one can know, if people find out the myth is fake and that i'm still married to you, there's going to be people coming after you," he walks towards me cupping my cheeks slowly rubbing it with his thumb.

"I think it might be for the best though, if we go our seperate ways," I instantly regret saying that noticing the change in his face.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be with Alessandro but he isn't willing to be with me. He doesn't value me as much as I value him, he doesn't show any emotion towards me, he doesn't speak to me, overall he isn't loving me.

I've always wanted to love, have a family, I want all that with Alessandro but I guess that'd be too perfect.

"You," he breathes out licking his lips, "you want a divorce?" his voice comes out nothing more than a whisper.

My heart aches.

"We've been married for two weeks and you already want a divorce? Why? It can't just be because of the myth," he stares at me intensely.

"I mean a divorce would fix all your problems so why not?" I don't want to tell him the real reason, I feel like it would hurt me more than it would hurt him.

"Divorcing you will break me and cause more problems," he sighs walking to the couch, sitting down burying his head in his hands.

"Break you?" I ask, he nods, "Alessandro, I want to be with someone I can actually love and someone who will love me and-"

"Who said I didn't love you?" he shoots his head up raising a brow.

"Um, your actions, you don't talk to me or show me any type of affection, that's kinda what love is" I tried saying this in the most obvious tone.

"That's only because i'm trying to keep you alive," he leans back on the couch motioning me to come to him. I hesitate before walking towards him and sitting beside him.

"Well, then there's no point of this," I rub my forehead.

"Yeah, yeah I guess you're right"

"Wait what?" I feel a flood of worry wash over me.

Is he really ending it? Now?

Fuck me dead.

"No fuck this trying to keep you safe thing, I want to show you my love so i'm going to do it, just promise me one thing," he turns towards me putting my hands in his.

Again, not to be one of those people but like his hands are huge and veiny compared to mine.

"Anything," I smile.

"Be self aware, if I ever take you out please be cautious at all times, I will be too, but you need to watch out for yourself so no one does anything and never go out alone," his eyes hold concern.

"I promise," I say.

I don't care if I need 5 bodyguards when hanging out with my friends if this is what I get in return.

"So does this mean we're on?" I tilt my head in uncertainty.

His hands leave mine and wrap around my face pulling me in closer, he kisses me.

God I missed this.

He sucks on my lips until I adjust giving him all the time to swirl his tongue with mine, his minty saliva mixing with mine. I put my arms around his neck as he lifts me up onto him. As I straddle him, we kiss until our mouths hurt. None of us give in.

Okay I gave in.

I pulled away out of breath, I don't know if he remembers the fat asthma kid conversation but I actually do have asthma so that was offensive.

"Wow," he licks his lips leaning in for more.

"No, no more yet, I- I- holy fuck i'm out of breath," I manage to get out dying inside. He just leans in kissing my forehead and laughs.

I smile along with him despite the urgent need of my inhaler.

"Let's go out together, we can eat, shop and then come back home and-"

"And make out more while having sex?" he interrupts.

"Yes," I scrunch my nose giving him a peck on the lips lifting myself off of him, "let's go".

———————————————————————————

Alright don't come at me for the short chapter. I'm on my period.....and it hurts like a bitch.

Anyways, next chapter I might write yall some smut🤭😩