Chapter Two

Time is even crueller than death.

Aubrey stood at the entrance in shock as she gazed at his blonde hair and shocking blue eyes that looked like it was made of delicate glass.

"I'm Michael Corentin." He said smiling,"You must be the new girl?"

Aubrey managed to nod.

The boy smiled at ease,"You better come in. The storms here get pretty bad."

Aubrey wordlessly walked in the hall which was empty by now.

The voices had hushed down and she couldn't hear a thing which just confirmed that there was more to the boy who stood in front of her.

"So you're probably looking for the office?" He asked flicking his hair off his face.

He always did that to annoy her.

Aubrey took a startled step back.

Where the hell had that come from?

"Y-Yeah." She said and then cleared her throat when she realised how ridiculous she sounded,"I mean yes, the office."

"Right this way." He said,"I'm student body president so it would be my job showing you around anyway."

The hallway was almost empty with a handful of children quickly grabbing whatever they could find from their lockers and rushing to class.

"So the storms here get pretty bad huh?" Aubrey asked completely out of topic but she was bursting with questions and she had to find a way to ask them without him thinking she was a crazy person.

Do you know I've seen you in my dreams summoning storms?

All the voices in my head stopped when you came do you know why?

Do you know about the other boy?

Is he here too?

"They get bad." He agreed with a small smile,"Really bad."

Before Aubrey could figure out if his words had a double meaning he stopped in front of her and said,"Here we go the main office."

She gave a grateful smile and started to walk forward when he called out,"I'm sorry but I didn't catch your name."

"Oh." She said shyly,"Aubrey. Aubrey Valdis."

The name has an instant effect on him and his mask of cool breaks into one of shock.

But his cool is back almost instantly,"Well it was nice to meet you Aubrey Valdis."

_________

Aubrey wasn't proud to admit it but she was in a daze all day and it was because of Michael.

She had never thought of herself as the flimsy type who would fall in love with a boy on first sight and keep day dreaming about him.

But there she was replaying the grin he gave her that lit up his blue eyes and-

Break the curse.

She sat up a little straighter. She hadn't heard the voices all morning since her encounter with Michael but this one was loud and clear and it tore through all of her dazed thoughts about Michael.

It was the other boy she was almost sure of it now, the deep tone that reverberated with a rich vibe that gave it such a royal feel.

Royal, huh, a funny way to describe a voice.

"Miss Valdis?" Mr Thorne called out from the front of the class,"Did you have a question or a doubt?"

As if in sync almost everyone turned around to look at her. It had been happening since morning in each and every class she went. She could make out what they were thinking by the