Chapter Sixteen

UNEDITED

Atlantis. 
Atlantis

As in the lost city of Atlantis. 
As in the submurged city of Atlantis. 

As in the mythical city of Atlantis. 

Now this was just stupid. This had got to be some stupid prank that was being played on her. 

"Atlantis?" Aubrey scoffed, "That's ridiculous. Its a myth."

Declan rolled his eyes, "Says the girl who is currently in another century standing on top of a sea serpant."

"But Atlantis is like a fairytale." Aubrey defended, "I mean it's not like sleeping beauty is real."

Declan sighed, "So according to you its perfectly fine for angels and time travel to exist but Atlantis can't?"

He had Aubrey there. But everything was just getting really really ridiculous now. Like even for Aubrey, which was saying a lot. 

"Well if you'd given me an explanation before or even a heads up that hey Aubrey I can travel back in time to mythical lands where we are being hunted down  I would have way more prepared."

"Are you implying this is my fault?" Declan asked.

"I'm not implying anything." Aubrey threw back,"I'm flat out stating it."

"Yes because the stupid pack of wolves were after me." Declan said,"How were you planning to get out of that?"

"Well it certainly wouldn't have involved me going back in time and standing on top of a freaking sea monster!"

"Hey! Hey!" Raphael cut in,"Don't call  Seraphia a sea monster, the term sea serpent is preferred."

Aubrey felt the serpent stir under her in agreement.

"Fine." Aubrey said still glaring at Declan,"Sea serpent."

"This is exactly why you are Michael's problem." Declan responded.

"You know what-"

"Well we are here." Raphael cuts in. He doesn't look all that surprised or even annoyed at their constant back and forth, just bored as if he'd seen it a billion times already.

Seraphia the sea serpent, lowered gently into the water so that they could step off her head onto the dock.

Aubrey was the first to go, she wasn't sure how long she would be able to last on the moving likeness of the Lochness Monster, sorry serpent.

"So what year is this?" Aubrey asked Raphael once he descended. He was patting Seraphia's large head as he turned to look at her.

"We measure our years based on the tides of the sea so it's roughly about the year five zero zero two three."

Aubrey's eyes nearly popped out.

"You've told me that this is approximately seventy five thousand years before your time."

Aubrey glanced at Declan,"Seventy five thousand years. You have the power to travel Seventy five thousand years in time and you've managed to keep it a se-"

"Drop it." He said,"Not now."

Which was basically Declan way of saying we are never going to talk about this ever again.

Aubrey couldn't help but wonder how he did it.

Everyone back in the Far court thought that Declan was ordinary, a prince, yes. A Demi-Fae, sure, but nothing more than that.