Chapter Twelve

"You must be confused." Michael finally said, long after they had left the throne room.

Gee really? What makes you think that? I totally understood everything that happened in that room. Aubrey thought sarcastically.

Declan and Sarah had stayed behind but Michael had led her away front the throne room through the silent halls.

She was grateful to put some distance between herself and the king.

It was as if after his interrogation and threat he'd lost any form of interest he had and turned his gaze to Declan. Michael then slowly lead her out through the very way they had come in until they stood on the glass bridge once again, looking down at the city.

"I guess I should start from the beginning." Michael says.

"As long as I get all my answers." Aubrey says,"I don't care where you start."

Michael smiled the tiniest bit,"Most people would be at awe or terrified after meeting King Oryen. Yet don't seem the least bit fazed."

Terrified? Maybe.
Awe? Not in the least. Aubrey was far close to disgusted.

"I've been dealing with weird my entire life." Aubrey said suddenly wishing that the voice in her head came back telling her what to do, but it was as if as soon as the king had lost interest so had the voice.

"I've been to see countless therapists who've labelled me as crazy, my own aunt labelled me as crazy too." Aubrey laughed a little,"Who knew that she was a part of all the crazy herself?"

"And then my dreams.I've had dreams, I can't explain." She continued,"It's-it's just-"

"Have you seen me in your dreams?" Michael asked so casually that he could have been talking about the weather.

"Y-Yes." Aubrey stammered out,"I-I have."

Michael did not even look close to surprised, just thoughtful,"It's not uncommon for us to have dreams. It depends on your powers though as to how accurate they are."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Aubrey asked.

"The day we met did you recognise me?" He asked and Aubrey hesitantly nodded.

"I've seen you control the winds." She said,"Lightning and thunder."

"Yes, that does seem to be my speciality." Michael said,"You've come in my dreams too. And when King Oyron found out about your lineage, he suspected you would be very powerful."

Powerful? With what powers? All she really had was the talent of hearing things in her head.

"So I'm Fae?"Aubrey asked.

"Not exactly." Michael said,"Your partly Fae."

"Partly?" Aubrey prompted.

"Partly Fae and partly human." He said.

"So either my mother or my father-"

"No." Michael said,"Although they were strong, neither were them were Fae or for that matter even a Demi-Fae. They were just Carriers. "

Aubrey opened her mouth to ask a whole new set of question but Michael started before she could begin her onslaught of queries.

"The Fae are the descendants of the gods." Michael said carefully,"You've seen the tapestries hanging in the throne room. They depict our gods. The angels."

"You and Sarah look just like-"

Michael waved me off as if asking me to hold my question until later. I nodded taking a deep breath of the chilly night air and let him continue.