Chapter Nine

Once Aubrey's mind cleared from her exceptionally weird dream the panic hit her.

She had no idea where exactly she was the deep purple walls and gold curtains of the room completley unfamiliar.

What was the-
Mr Thorne, the sword, Declan.

It hit her with such force if she had been standing she would stumble back.

"Easy there, I know it's overwhelming."

Aubrey jumped at the voice and frantically looked around only to find Michael leaning against the wall on her right staring at her keenly.

"What am I doing here?" Aubrey's voice was surprisingly calm considering that she was totally losing it on the inside.

"Do you remember what happened before you fainted?"

"Fainted the first time or the second time?" She asked as she carefully picked herself from the bed. Thankfully when her feet touched the ground they held her sturdy.

He gave her a confused look and then asked,"Mr Thorne do you remember him coming after you?"

Her first reaction was to jump up and down telling her mind Ha I told you so! I'm not crazy but thankfully she held her cool.

"Thats not the kind of thing you forget." She said and then her eyes narrowed,"Where am I? Why are you here-"

"I know I'm sorry, it's confusing I wanted to do this later when you were ready."He said,"But Thorne came after you, thank god Declan found you or else-"

"Or else she would be dead and you would have screwed up for the millionth time." Aubrey hadn't seen or heard Declan coming in or maybe he had always been there. He was leaning against the door frame his arms crossed. His gold eyes flickered towards Aubrey for a second before it took on his usual I'm bored as hell expression.

"So now if Sleeping Beauty is done with her beauty sleep she has been summoned." Declan said and then turned towards Michael,"You know she doesn't like to be kept waiting."

"I'm not going anywhere except home unless you-either of you give me an explanation." Aubrey said crossly.

"I'm sorry Aubrey but you're going to have to come with us." Michael said looking genuinely sorry,"But I promise all your questions will be answered there."

"You could just do that to lure me out somehwere dark and kill me." She pointed out.

Michael looked genuinely hurt,"Do you really not trust me at all? I thought we were friends."

He then looked at Declan,"I told you we needed more time to build trust with her-"

But Declan didn't even care to hear Michael finish, he had shot forward so now he was just inches away from Aubrey.

Aubrey stumbled back, the back of her knees against the bed and held her hand forward as if to stop Declan from coming closer. She had already seen what he could do and it was a feeble attempt because she knew just how easily he could over power her if wanted to.

"If you come any closer to me." She said her voice low and dangerous,"I will kill you."

The tone of her voice scared Aubrey, she sounded dangerous and cold, almost like another person. Even Michael looked shocked but Declan didn't even blink.

In fact he took another step forward and smirked,"I call your bluff."

Before Aubrey could contemplate what her next move would be thankful Michael intervened,"Enough Declan we need her to trust us. "