Chapter Eleven

In hindsight Aubrey couldn't come with a single reason as to why her aunt couldn't be Fae.

Apart from the fact that all the times she had seen her there had been nothing remotely magical about her.

But Sarah had played the same trick on her in school by appearing human so why couldn't her aunt?

And they had brought Aubrey here which had to mean that she had to be part Fae as impossible that seemed to sound.

Don't trust them.
Don't tell them about your grandmother or the tales she told you. Lie, Aubrey, lie.

Her aunts voice was faint and strained but Aubrey had been gazing at her aunt the whole time and her lips hadn't moved.

Her aunt had spoken to her telepathically.

Aunt and telepathically were not two words she would have expected to say in one sentence.

Don't trust them.

Aubrey glanced at Declan who had told her the same thing before. He'd told her to get out of this place before it was too late and yet he was the one who had lead her right here.

"Aubrielle I'm sure you have a lot of questions." The king spoke. His tone was the kind that hushed crowds and held them captive with each word.

It was a sign of a leader.
A very powerful leader.
And an extremely dangerous one at that.

His blue eyes regarded her as if he was waiting for her to do something.

As if he was waiting for her to bow to him.

You are not my king!

The voice in her head roared with so much force that Aubrey stumbled back slamming into Declan.

He put his hands on her shoulder to steady her and gave her a very slight nod but his eyes were filled with warning.

Don't as he wants, his eyes seemed to be telling her.

Aubrey hesitated only a moment after that before getting down to her knee, bowing to the king.

Declan remained impassive and unmoving.

The kings eyes glittered as they focused on Aubrey,"You just saw a vision didn't you?"

Aubrey looked at him confused and her voice came sharper out than she wanted it to,"What vision?"

"Jenna, would you please excuse us." The king said his yes still focused on Aubrey pinning her into position,"Id like to talk to the Diviner."

The Diviner?
That's what Thorne the crazy history teacher had called her.

I thought you were just a measly diviner, That's what he had told her when he had come after her with a sword.

Jenna bowed bowed her head once again before getting up. Without sparing another glance towards Aubrey, she swished away, reaching the door at the end of the throne room in less than a blink of an eye.

"Rise."the king said and Aubrey stood up unsurely on her feet next to Michael.

The kings gaze finally broke form Aubrey and focused behind her and a satisfied smile settled into his face. There was something about that smile that sent Aubrey over the edge, it wasn't warm or friendly just cold and calculating like the rest of him.

He would make a deadly enemy. Aubrey thought to herself.

You make a deadly enemy. The voice in her head spoke, quieter and far more collected.The queen rises from the heirs ashes, and she only bows to her true king, not the usurper who sits on the throne of silver.