Chapter Fourteen

"So I heard you finally know about the Fae."

Aubrey nearly dropped her tray of food as Gabby came and stood in front of her while she was making her way towards her table.

"How do you-"

"Know?" She asked finishing the sentence for her,"I suppose it slipped from Michael's mind to mention that I'm a Demi-Fae too."

Aubrey's mouth dropped, the way she said it so casually, was this school just filled with Demi Fae? She thought they were supposed to be rare.

"So you're starting training today?" She asked as they settled down on Aubrey's favourite table at the back of the cafeteria.

Aubrey was still getting looks from everyone after all she still was the new girl but she didn't mind anymore. There were things that were far more important going around in her head.

"Yeah." Aubrey replied. She wasn't all that surprised, Gabby always had the same kind of air about her as Declan and Michael did, the inhumanely perfect features and the way they held themselves above everyone else almost effortlessly.

It made Aubrey start to wonder how in the hell she fit with them. She wasn't particularly striking and her grace was moderate at best. All she had was looks that scraped slightly above the average and the voices in her head.

"Training isn't that bad, you know?" Gabrielle started,"The theory of it all is pathetic but combat is amazing."

"I'm not sure how good I'm going to be with a sword." Aubrey said,"And I don't even know what powers I have."

"Nobody is good with a sword." Gabby said and then paused,"Except maybe Declan. It's scary how good he is. As for your powers don't worry, you'll get it eventually. It took me a while to get a hang of it."

"What is your-"

Before Aubrey could complete the sentence Gabrielle's hand shot up and there was a small flame dancing on the palm of her hand.

She quickly closed her fist and the small flame went out and she looked around if anyone had noticed but no one even cared.

"Fire." She said thoughtfully, "But I'm not very good at controlling it. I can make small flames at best."

"Well something is better than nothing." Aubrey said,"My powers lie in having dumb dreams and screechy voices inside my head."

"Well you're supposed to see the future so I don't know what you're complaining about."

Aubrey stared gape mouthed at her,"I'm supposed to be doing what?"

The entire idea was so ridiculous it was laughable and yet...

"So Michael hasn't told you his theory?" Gabby asked casually.

Aubrey gave her a look that said, what do you think?

"Okay." She said,"The angels are divided into two groups, The Cardinals and the Elementals. There are four elemental angels, Sarafine is Earth, Raphael is Water, Auzariel is Air and Gabrielle is Fire."

Aubrey raised an eyebrow at the last name but she motioned for Gabby to continue.

"Then there are the three cardinal angels." Gabby said,"You already know about Michael, he was second in order and he was the General in a way. He led the angels to war but he was always second in command."

"The first angel." Gabby's voice dropped into a low whisper and Aubrey had to lean forward to hear her,"There is quite literally nothing we know. We don't know whether it was a female or a male, just that their power was unmatched and unlike any of the others.The first angel was the one on the throne."