Chapter Ten

Sorry about all the mistakes, this chapter is slightly confusing but after the story picks up from the next chapter, this story will gain momentum and all the little confusing bits will start to make sense.

Aubrey didn't do drugs. Maybe it was because she had enough prescribed to her to stop her from having hallucinations, but mostly because despite everything that had happened to her she liked to think herself as level headed.

But at the point where she stood on the doorway of a Kingdom that looked something like it had come out of a Lord Of the Ring movie she was seriously starting to doubt wether she had slipped or there was some hallucigenic in her lunch.

That's right, she hadn't had lunch because she a vending machine had blown up in her face and then her history teacher had tried to kill her with a sword in the girls bathroom.

Could this day get weirder?

But there was this feeling, an instinct almost, that made her sure that this was all too real and somewhere deep inside she had always known that the explanation to all the weird things things that was happening to her was even weirder.

Faerie Kingdom.
The Seelie Court.

"-I told you not to shove her inside the damn portal Declan." Michael was saying,"She's probably gone into shock."

She couldn't see Declan but she could almost hear Declan rolling his eyes,"She's not in-"

"Faeries." Aubrey said slowly,"What do you mean by Faeries?"

Declan pushed past her starting to walk towards the bridge,"They don't have wings, they're not particularly tiny and and neither do they leave a trail of glitter in their wake."

He then stopped and stared thoughtfully,"Well not all of them."

What the-

"The Seelie Court." Michael interrupted shooting a glare towards Declan,"It's the greatest Faerie Kingdom out there."

Out there? There were more?

"That's only because we convince ourselves that the Unseelie Court does not exist." Declan piped up.

"Who are the Unseelie?" Aubrey asked,"They're some different kind of Faerie?"

Declan nodded,"To be honest they're more interesting, evil and darker. You know the stuff of nightmares Vampires, Werewolves, that kind."

"Interesting?" Michael scoffed,"They're killers, all of them. Beginning from their faceless queen to her golden general."

Aubrey was unbelievably lost that it was almost laughable.

Faceless queen?
Golden general?
Vampires?
Werewolves?

And the way they talked about it was almost so casually was unnerving.

"Well they maybe murderers but that does not make them any less interesting."

"Is that so?"

Aubrey jumped back crashing into Michael as she saw the new arrival.

It was Sarah.
As in Sarah from school.

But she didn't completely look like Sarah. She still had her soil coloured hair falling in beautiful waves and her tanned complexion glowing in the orange lights of the city.

Or Kingdom? Aubrey didn't know what to call it.

Her features were sharper as if in school someone had put a mist in front of her face blurring her features into a more softer sculpt but now it had cleared revealing a much sharper and inhuman set of features.