Chapter Four

The only resource worth fighting for is more time.

"So any cute boys caught your eye?" She asked as she walked into the locker room.

Aubrey stood still at the entrance of the locker room.

What had just happened?

"Aubrey are you all right? Casey asked concerned.

No, I was drowning just a few seconds back.

"Y-yeah." Aubrey stuttered out still puzzled. Had she been dreaming up the whole thing?

"You look kind of pale." She said.

"Is gym over?" Aubrey asked suddenly.

Casey looked at her confused,"N-No? We are going to it now. Hence the locker room."

"R-Right." Aubrey stammered out,"I'm feeling just a little bit sick."

Casey looked over at her concerned,"That's okay but my advice is to go to Miss Kepler she's a complete-"

"Pushover, yeah I know." Aubrey completed and took in her extremely confused expression before recognising her mistake,"I mean, Gabby told me"

Casey nodded satisfied with the answer as she want to change. Aubrey collapsed to her knees as a wave of exhaustion passed over her.

What was happening to her?
Was she actually crazy?

She felt dazed, like she had been sleep walking and just woken up. It had felt so real, the water , the pull and the- the boy.

He was there at the end she was sure of it but then again how could it be when it had never happened?

By the time Casey had come back Aubrey had managed to collect herself. She couldn't give anyone in this school a clue as to what was happening with her.The last thing she wanted was everyone to think that she was crazy.

They went to the gym which Aubrey immediately recognised even though this was technically her first time in the gym.

"Good morning."

It was Coach Caine. She recognised him from before, his light blue track suit his stoic expression.

What before?

"The girls will be swimming today." He said in a monotone and when one of the boys whistled but immediately looked away when the coach's eyes found him.

Exactly like it had happened before.

"The boys will be playing basketball, selections start in a few days." He said,"Usually I'd monitor the boys but we have a new girl among our midst, so I'll leave you to Miss Kepler."

Aubrey was seriously starting to get spooked as she followed them to the pool.

Don't get into the pool.

It was the boys voice again.

Who are you?

She desperately thought out but got no answer. Of course she didn't expect one either.

"Okay everybody line up." The coach called out before his eyes found out Aubrey and he gestured for her to come to him.

"You must be Miss Aubrey Valdis."The change in tone was once again there, calmer, politer and respectful.

"Yes." She replied carefully.

"Can you swim? If so any competitions?"

"I'm sorry I can't." She said,"I had a terrible acc-"