Chapter Fifteen

Aubrey had never been so confused in her entire life.

One second she'd been in the woods surrounded by bloodthirsty wolves and the next she was in the middle of a ballroom.

Declan looked unnerved too but not because of the location but more so with Aubrey's presence.

When are we, that's what he'd said.

Not where, when.

"I didn't think it would work." Declan muttered to himself almost thoughtlessly.

"W-when are we?" Aubrey voiced,"What do you mean by that?"

Declan promptly got up and hauled her up to her feet,"Now is not the time. We have to get out of here before the guards think we've gatecrashed the ball."

"I'm not going anywhere unless you tell me what the hell is going on." She said.

"Fine." He said curtly,"Stay here and rot in the medieval jail for the rest of your life."

And then he promptly turned around and walk towards the exit.

Wait. Was he actually going to leave her here?

The nerve of that boy.

She quickly hurried to follow him, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible.

Not a lot of people had noticed them, they'd appeared behind an alcove but they'd already started attracting the attention of a few.

Declan was right they needed to get out of here.

But where exactly was here?

"Hey wait up!" She whisper yelled as picked up the pace,"I don't kno-"

"THERE THEY ARE!"

A dozen guards had just entered the room, all in rich turquoise uniforms with large golden buttons. They held swords in their hands, wickedly sharp ones as they stood in formation behind the captain who'd just yelled.

The captain was clearly distinguished with a handful of medals on his uniform and his hand was outstretched as he pointed straight towards the criminals that were to be captured

Which just happened to be towards Aubrey and Declan.

Wait a minute.

"DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!" He yelled,"CAPTURE THEM!"

They seemed rather violent considering the fact that they'd just accidentally gatecrashed.

"Freeze time." She nudged Declan.

He rolled his eyes,"What do you think I am? I can't just press a button and make it happen."

"Wait." Aubrey said,"You can't control your powers? Are you kidding me?"

"And what exactly can you do?" He said angrily,"All I've seen you do uptil now is nearly kill yourself over a sprained ankle, so spare me."

Aubrey knew this was hardly the place to start arguing with Declan but she was getting angry.

"Yeah well I'm not the one who took us back to god knows when." She said as the guards grew closer.

"Werewolves ordered to kill us versus a few harmless old guards who'll simply arrest us for gatecrashing a party." Declan said,"You should be thanking me."

Aubrey eyed the guards who were approaching. They didn't look particularly harmless or old.

"Wow thank you Declan." She said sarcastically,"Thank you so so much for your help getting arrested in some far away land in god knows what century."