Chapter Six

By the time Aubrey reached history she didn't care that she might have some impossible connection with Declan Vaughn.

She wanted to throttle him.

His mysterious persona and one lined bombshells had been giving her a massive headache all day and she was ready to kill someone.

Preferably the annoyingly perfect looking boy with gold eyes.

You're much much worse.
You're supposed to be dead.

Yeah buddy the second I get my hands on you I'll show you what dead feels like, Aubrey thought angrily.

She barged into history almost throwing off some blonde girls balance on the way. She didn't care though, her eyes were focused on the window seat where he was supposed to put his precious butt on.

Part of Aubrey hoped that he wouldn't come, Aubrey had always hated confrontation but she was desperate for answers and he was clearly the only one who seemed to have them.

"You're not supposed to sit here." The girl behind commented. She was the same blonde who Aubrey had almost knocked over and she looked like those typical, extremely pretty girls with features the generic blonde hair blue eyes features.

"And why is that?" Aubrey asked.

"Declan Vaughn sits there." Came the reply. Aubrey tried not to snort at that. The way the girl said that made it sound like god himself had personally reserved this spot on earth for him.

"And pray tell me where exactly is he?" Aubrey shot back,"And I'm sorry his name is not written anywhere."

"Bottom right."

Aubrey's head whipped around to see Declan towering over her, despite leaning on opposite desk.

"I am here." He said,"And on the bottom right of the desk is where you will find my name."

He then turned to look at the blonde behind Aubrey and winked,"Thanks Tammy, I owe you one."

Aubrey had to hold back a snort as she heard her name. She sounded like a perfect fit for the Real Bimbos of Spade as she twirled her hair, blinked her eyes in a failingly seductive manner.

A wave of unfamiliar anger passed through her all so suddenly that Aubrey didn't even a chance to stop herself as she said,"The janitors closet is at the end of the hall. I would suggest that you guys get a room but I think it's not screaming trashy which is the theme you're going for."

The girl took in a sharp breath as Aubrey stared back at her smirking. She had the entire classes undivided attention now and turned to see Declan as of daring him to make his next move.

But Declan looked pained more than anything else, as if someone had knocked the wind out of him. His gold eyes met hers for a second and in that second Aubrey felt her breath snatched away with a sharp tug.

His usually walled eyes were shattered giving her a glimpse of what was inside.

Pain, fear and determination flashed through them in lightning speed before the wall snapped back into place.

"Well it's fun to see that the kitten actually has claws." He commented letting the amused smile return to his face.

Aubrey's mouth fell open but she caught herself quickly. She couldn't mess with Declan especially when he knew about her pills which meant that he had the power to tell everyone just how psycho Aubrey the new girl really was.

But her temper was rising fast and Aubrey had to physically clench her hands to prevent hitting his pretty face.

"Wow you really are a bastard." Aubrey said and Declan opened his mouth to say something but she cut him off,"But I assure that I'm much much worse than a bitch."