Chapter 5

On most Fridays, Kian, Kyla and I meet up at either mine or Kyla's house. We like to call it our 'Do Nothing Day.' A movie, unhealthy food and a comfortable blanket is all we need on these days.

"What are we watching today?" Kyla asked, settling down on my bed and already spilling a few crumbs of chips everywhere.

Kian's blue eyes lit up with excitement as he turned to face us. "I thought we could watch something a bit emotional today so I picked out My Sister's Keeper."

"Are there any hot guys?" Kyla asked with a mouthful of chips in her mouth.

"I doubt that," I said, cuddling in my blanket. "I've heard about this movie. Better get a box of tissues."

"Wonderful," Kyla said sarcastically as Kian inserted the DVD into the DVD player.

As expected, the movie turned out to be just as emotional as we thought it would be. I sniffed and pulled another tissue from the box.

I got up to go to the bathroom when Kyla asked, "Hey, what's that sticking out of your back pocket?"

Instinctively, my hand went around to feel my back pocket and I realized it was the slip of paper Seth had slipped into my back pocket in the parking lot earlier.

"It's nothing," I said, frowning and throwing it onto my side table. "Just this stupid thing Seth gave me."

"Seth?" Kian asked, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom. Turning on the faucet, I splashed water onto my face which happened to look very disgusting because of my puffy eyes and runny, red nose. Wiping my face, I walked out to see Kyla and Kian huddled together on my bed with the slip of paper in Kyla's hand.

"Honestly?" I deadpanned.

"Let us spice up your life please," Kyla said, her grey eyes reading the note.

"Exactly," Kian agreed. "You have a boy practically following you around like a puppy."

"It's not like I want him to," I grumbled, sitting down next to them.

"What is this, though?" Kyla asked.

I shrugged. "The address for where his bike race is going to be."

"Bike race?" Kian exclaimed, sitting upright.

I nodded.

"And he invited you?" Kian asked, his eyes going wide.

"Yes," I said slowly. I know where this was leading to and I didn't want it to lead there.

"Did he say anything about bringing along your friends?" he inquired, trying to sound casual.

"If the two of you want to, you can go. Don't expect me to tag along," I told them.

"It's supposed to be the other way round, though!" Kyla whined. "You're meant to go and we're meant to tag along."

"Guys, I don't want to go and boost his self-esteem even more," I said.

"Why not?" Kian asked. "He's been nice to you this whole time, hasn't he?"

"That's not the point," I argued. "We went out for dinner and that dinner happened to be on 14th February, that's it. I don't like him or anything."

"But he's your friend," Kyla argued back. "So you should support him and cheer him on."

I chose to not answer and grabbed the T.V. remote to flip through the channels just to have something to do to make it easier to ignore their questions.