Chapter 19

"Ava," Carla called out in a rushed voice, interrupting my sleep. "Mrs. Delia is calling all of us, we have to go."

I sat upright in an instant, causing everything around me to spin before it settled back into place. Carla was wrapping a fluffy pink robe around her when I stood up.

"We're in deep sh*t, aren't we?" I asked after clearing my throat.

"Most likely," she said, raking a hand through her already flawless hair.

"Let's go," I said, slipping my feet into my flip flops and making my way out followed by Carla.

"Where's Kyla?" I asked.

"Derrick came to call us so she went ahead with him," she answered and I nodded in response.

That means Seth is going to be there too. Realizing that, I ran my hand through my tangled, bed hair. I probably even had drool on my face for all I knew. I touched my fingers around my mouth just to be sure.

We reached the teacher's trailer where everyone else was already waiting for us. Mrs. Delia was standing outside in a dull, grey robe with her arms crossed over her chest and she did not look happy.

Seth was there, too. He had messy bed hair which definitely looked a lot more appealing than mine. His thin t-shirt clung to his body while his sweatpants hung low on his waist. As if realizing someone was looking at him, his eyes flicked up and met mine. Flushing from embarrassment of being caught, I looked away.

"Do any of you want to explain this?" she questioned, gesturing to the trailer.

The trailer really did look horrible. There was white foam everywhere- coating the walls, the floor, the ceiling. The perfect string in the bathroom was hanging from two sides with a pathway in between. They probably cut through it. The beds were leaning against the trailer, which made me smirk but I quickly straightened my face.

None of us responded to her question.

"I know all of you did this," she said in a scarily calm voice. "Do you want to get expelled from school?"

"Miss, you have no proof that we did this which, we did not," Mason spoke up.

"I don't need any proof after catching all of you prank each other just last night," she said, glaring daggers at Mason.

"Exactly," Kyla said. "Why would we be dumb enough to do this after being caught last night? We're already in enough trouble as it is."

Mrs. Delia considered Kyla's explanation but still didn't seem convinced enough. "I may not have any so called evidence that all of you were responsible for this but I am certain that you are. The consequences will be bad."

"We didn't do it, Miss!" Kian exclaimed.

Wow, we're basically lying to her face.

"We'll discuss that later," she declared. "As for now, I expect all of you clear this mess."

All of us began protesting all together and she raised her hand to shut us up. "No complaints. Consider this another part of your punishment for what you did yesterday."

Brilliant.

*

All of us were exhausted the next morning. The prank backfired on us pretty bad. What made the whole cleaning up even more annoying was Kian and Carla's constant whining. To top that off, Seth continued being mute towards me and pretending that I didn't exist.

"Did you get everything?" Kian asked as we waited for the buses to arrive.

I nodded.

When the buses arrived, we left our suitcases in the trunk and made our way in. Kian was in front of me as we squeezed through to find a place to sit. As we were walking, I spotted Carla and Seth sitting together. He looked at me and I stared back while Carla was busy talking about something which Seth was paying no attention to. For once, I had his attention instead of her.