Chapter 34

That Friday, after school, Kyla and I went shopping for our dresses. Yes, I caved in and decided to go with her for two reasons: one being that Seth was going to be there and I didn't want him to think that he left me as a mess and second, Carla was going to be there and I wanted to look better than her. As childish as I do sound, I knew that doing this was going to make me feel better and boost my ego.

"How about this?" Kyla asked as she walked out of the changing room in a strapless coral dress. It had a sheer net around the bottom half.

I scrunched my nose and shook my head. I said, "Doesn't suit you."

She groaned and retreated back into the changing room to try another dress on.

We had been in this shop for the past half an hour or so and I was already exhausted. How Kyla managed to spend hours and hours prancing from one shop to another I have no idea.

Have you guys found anything yet?

Tyler and I had been texting since Kyla and I stepped into this shop because I needed someone to keep me entertained.

No, according to Kyla 'it's only been half an hour'

Wow. Have fun, I guess.

I sighed and put my phone away. A few seconds later, Kyla stepped out in a grey and black dress that hugged her body in the right places. The top half was grey and it flowed down in black, the shape of the dress fitting her well. The grey had tiny sequins on it while the black was plain with a slit down the right side.

"That's the one," I said, standing up.

"Really?" she asked, turning around to examine herself in the mirror. She pressed the dress down with her palms and cocked her head. She moved to get a look at the back and nodded, impressed. "It does shape my butt well."

"Sure," I said, avoiding to make any more remarks.

She scrutinised it for a few more minutes before she turned to face me with a satisfied grin on her face. "I'm getting it."

"Hallelujah!" I sung out, picking up my bag.

"We still need to find a dress for you," she pointed out.

"I'm aware," I said with a shrug. "It shouldn't take too long."

"Okay, you look around while I change," she instructed before shutting the door to the changing room.

Even though I had already looked around, I decided to take another look. Once Kyla was out, she told me she's going to pay for her dress.

"Let's go to another stop," I said, following her to the cashier.

"Nothing nice here?" she asked, to which I shook my head.

Once she paid, we made our way out and to another boutique nearby. After two more shops, I finally found a shop where I actually like quite a few dresses. I put on a little fashion show for Kyla but she didn't seem to like any of the dresses.

Groaning, I pulled on a red two piece. The skirt had a velvety texture to it and it had a mermaid cut that made the bottom of the fan out nicely. The top was short with full sleeves, exposing my midriff. I liked it, a lot actually.

I stepped out of the changing room and Kyla's mouth slightly parted as she gushed over my dress.

"You look so pretty," she said, covering her mouth with her hands. "Seth is going to regret all his life decisions."