Chapter 24

Birds were chirping around me, interrupting my peaceful sleep. I snuggled into the jacket that seemed to have been carefully placed on top of me and tried to find the perfect position on Seth's chest. I managed to stay like that for a few minutes before I felt someone's fingers on my face. Blinking a few times, I opened my eyes to find myself staring at Seth. My boyfriend: Seth.

He brushed his fingers across my cheek and proceeded to tuck my hair behind my ear. Smiling at him, I wrapped my arms around him. He kissed the top of my head in response. We stayed like that for a few minutes before I pulled away and removed the jacket that was on top of me and gave it back to him.

"You can keep it, it's quite a chilly morning," he said in the morning voice that was the definition of sexy.

"Morning?" I exclaimed, sitting upright instantly.

Judging by my surroundings, we were still on roof of the abandoned building. My head whipped to look at Seth's sleepy face.

"Get up!" I exclaimed, standing up and offering him my hand. "If my parents find out I'm gone, I'm screwed. I'm grounded as it is."

Laughing, he grabbed my hand and pulled himself up.

"Why are you laughing?" I questioned, annoyed.

"You're just so cute," he commented, placing his arms on my waist and pulled me closer to him.

His head lowered and his lips came closer to mine. Stepping back, I shook my head.

"I probably have bad breath," I explained and turned around to walk towards the door.

I could hear his laughter as he followed me. Once we reached down, we mounted his bike and I urged him to ride as fast as he could because I'd rather get involved in an accident with Seth than have my parents get mad at me again.

When we reached my driveway, I got off Seth's bike and said, "You should go. I'll see you in school tomorrow."

Instead of doing what I instructed, he just had to pull me closer to him. Since my lips were off-limits due to bad breath, he kissed my forehead and let his lips linger there.

Of course that was just the right time for the front door to open and my dad to catch me.

"Ava?" he called out, making me put some distance between me and Seth.

"I'll see you later, bye," I muttered quickly to Seth and speed walked to the front door.

"Where were you?" he asked, glaring down at me. "You know very well that you were grounded. Were you with that boy last night?"

"Dad, it was nothing," I replied, not wanting to explain further.

I pushed past him and walked into the house to see my mom sipping on a coffee mug while leaning against the kitchen counter. She put it down instantly and walked towards me.

"Answer me, Ava," he demanded. "Where were you last night?"

"Nowhere!" I exclaimed, shrugging. "Seth just showed up. He needed to talk."

"Seth?" he questioned. "Isn't that the boy who pushed all of you to prank the teachers?"

I looked away, choosing to not answer him.

"You are not allowed to see him from now on," he declared, making raise my eyebrows at him. "He's a bad influence in your life and you don't need that."

"What makes you think I'm going to do what you want?" I challenged, frustrated.

"Do not test my patience, Ava," his voice boomed as he stepped closer to me.